one too much and one too less

my monti caps and hydnophora are at the highest point's of my scape , they are doing great .
maybe this could add up into some information .
That's the thing, Monty caps do a great job of collecting sunlight. They spread out in the way they grow to do that. That is more of a low light SPS. And if you have them at the top that's also going to shade out everything else.
 
On another note, you are running GAC I hope. Leather coral inhibit sps growth. Need GAC to suck some of that up along with a good skimmer.
I don’t agree with this. No change in growth at all with or without leathers with my SPS, I don’t run carbon.

My guess is the alk swing, which I think would be more likely to cause the kind of die off we’re seeing. I’ve found when I don’t give my SPS enough light they go brown and it’s much more gradual, but that’s anecdotal.
 
I think it’s a well known fact that they can produce toxins. In all my years around the hobby I don’t think I’ve ever seen a case where it’s happened or been proven to be happening in our reef tanks.

Yea I think it's a well known accepted thing.

Although I don't like the word toxin for it, it's just chemical warfare that a lot of organisms battle.
 
Your other coral looks fine, I don't suspect water/light/flow. Have any blennies or other SPS nippers? I have a bi color blenny that loves to scrape digis and birds nest.
 
In my case i always use carbon preventive . Things float around in the air , spraybottle to clean the glass of the tank multiple times a day etcetera 😅
 
Your other coral looks fine, I don't suspect water/light flow. Have any blennies or other SPS nippers? I have a bi color blenny that loves to scrape digis and birds nest.
I do have a blenny but i am having issues with him (not eating skinny) so he wont be nipping anything atm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new