One year in and I'm starting over

I'm to the point now where if I started over again I'd be quarantining all corals because dipping obviously doesn't get rid of all the nuisances like bubble algae, some sort of tube worm that has taken over and some mini ray-like parasite that likes to attack hammer skeletons.

I only have 4 corals in my old tank but that turned out to be plenty to learn the same lesson. I had one coral that came with aiptasia, bubble algae, a feather duster, a peanut worm, a tiny crab, and some sort of nudi. And that's just what I could see! Definitely a crash course in what not to let pass with a simple dip. On the bright side, I found out that my peppermint shrimps are definitely the aiptasia eating variety.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new