One Zoa different than the rest.

RDewhurst2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looking at my colony of unknown type of Zoa I got from a LFS has one polyp different than the rest. Kind of interesting.
703726EC-6EFC-47E0-AE69-6D4390AAAAE7.jpeg

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It's not unusual for individual polyps within a colony, especially a wild colony, to present differently. You see this most often with watermelon zoas that get a splash of green in the center. Most of the time its new polyps that are growing. However, wild colonies will sometimes gradually morph as they adjust to captivity. Give it a few months and you'll have your answer one way or the other.

OP
OP
RDewhurst2

RDewhurst2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed a lot more since going with the new T5 light with blue plus and 10k bulbs over the LED strips I was running.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have noticed a lot more since going with the new T5 light with blue plus and 10k bulbs over the LED strips I was running.

People have been sleeping on, and underestimating, the mighty T5 for far too long. LEDs in their many forms can do a lot things but will never match growth, color and long-term coral sustainability of the T5. That said, I still use a reef brite with my T5's for that extra pop.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back