OneFish's 22.4g AIO cube

OneFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I have been on here for a few years now and have never done a build thread, so I figured what the heck, I have a free night, go for it!

I have been attempting reef tanks on and off for about 7 years now and my current build is definitely my favorite (obviously). This one started in September of 2017 with a IM 25g lagoon and a crappy stand that I put together (still using it but used to the crappiness now).
1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG
4.JPG

That tank was rough and I was constantly having algae outbreaks and issues with fish jumping. At a local frag show, a vendor, Fiji Cube out of Minnesota, was selling some pretty sweet AIO tanks. I am an impulse buyer and knew that the lagoon was just not working for me anymore so I picked up the 22.4g AIO cube. And instantly fell in love. Below is the equipment list and some progression shots from March of 2018 until now. Camera work has gotten a lot better since then! I am sure I left some stuff out so let me know if you have any questions! Enjoy!

Equipment:
22.4g AIO cube
Eshopps Nano Skimmer
2x Kessil a160we
Icecap 1k gyre
Fiji Cube's stock return pump (don't know size)
Tunze ATO
I use an iPhone XS max with Polyp Lab filters

Maintenance:
Do not dose, yet, but do a 4g wc every week with Red Sea Reef Pro salt. I run filter floss and chemi-pure blue.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks excellent! I really love that aquascape. @dantimdad has been talking up Fiji Cube lately and I was looking at their sumps. In the past I considered one of their inserts. Seems like some quality gear.

OP
OP
OneFish

OneFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks excellent! I really love that aquascape. @dantimdad has been talking up Fiji Cube lately and I was looking at their sumps. In the past I considered one of their inserts. Seems like some quality gear.
Yea there stuff is great! I will definitely stick with them when I go bigger!

OP
OP
OneFish

OneFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few updates to the tank. Added a little nem box to make my clowns happy. Also got some new sticks from @aquavista99 that are absolutely stunning. Last week I switched out the IceCap 1k gyre for two Jebao OW-10’s. Still trying to find the perfect settings but they seem to be doing a good job!

OP
OP
OneFish

OneFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of switching up my FijiCube 22.4g AIO to a IM 10g Nuvo to make moving a breeze over the next few years. Made a completely new scape using STAX and transferred over some bio-media to prevent the need of doing a full cycle. Slowly moving over my favorite corals from the 22.4g. I am in love with how good things are looking so far! I switched up a lot of
my equipment, too -

Tank - IM 10g Nuvo
Light - AI Prime 16hd
Return - IM Mightyjet Desktop with a Random Flow Generator from Vivid Creative Aquatics
Skimmer - Eshopps Nano
ATO - JBJ nano (gets here later this week)
Heater - Finnex HMA-S 50w with BRS controller
Scape - STAX with Nyos Cement and lots of superglue

(Ignore the bio-balls in the bottom right corner)

F90D3C19-16D7-4EB7-94B0-E3193085E767.jpeg
5105BAFB-9EBB-4DDC-91A3-CFD1437B0292.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back