Online Fish Sellers

Mathew0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am new to the hobby and have been doing research online for months. We are finally set up, and have 6 new friends that I purchased locally.
I have seen a TON stores selling fish online. Some are crazy expensive, others less so. Some have incredible fish advertised, but none in stock, others have drab websites but amazing google reviews. Considering the breadth of this community, I think it would be awesome to have a thread where we can ask each other about retailers.
For instance, I found a retailer in Charlotte (Huntersville) that seems to have some really great stuff. However, I have trepidations after reading the google reviews. There are a lot of really good reviews, but there are also some really awful ones. This isn't uncommon because google keeps reviews for years, but there are 5 star and 1 star reviews that are both a month old. I know from managing a contact center that there are companies that make money by selling other companies 5 star reviews.
I'm sure there are people on this forum that are from the Charlotte area (big city, I know). What I think would great is if we band together to check these places out for each other. I am in the Minneapolis area, and I would be happy to drive around to check out a store for someone considering ordering from them.
Positives from this:
Community members can benefit from first-hand experience of other reefers
Reefers get to visit stores in their area that they may not even know are there (lots of hidden gems out there)
Local stores that put in the effort to be great can benefit from more sales generate by us looking for each other

Store in question:
Upscale Aquatics
North, 110 Statesville Rd
Huntersville, NC 28078

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back