Online Fish Vendors

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where does everybody buy their fish online? Looking for quality, healthy fish. I live in Maine so LFS is not as accessible to me as most of you reefers. Obviously there is Live Aquaria. Thanks for the suggestions!

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always buy at live aquaria, Divers den when I can find what I want there.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear these people are hit or miss, but I've have fairly good success with them: https://bluezooaquatics.com/

Unfortunately I've had bad experiences with them. I bought a WYSIWYG scoly, which showed on their website to be a healthy coral, but what showed up was a scoly with receding tissues. I called them to report this issue. Despite the fact that they saw the picture I sent them and acknowledged that it was their fault for sending out a damaged coral, they still wanted me to pay for shipping the coral back to them to get a refund on the cost of the coral alone, which meant I had to pay for both shipping (the 1st shipment from them plus the return shipment) simply because they made a mistake and should've never sent out the coral in the first place. I will not do business again with bluezooaquatics.

I've done online business with NYAquaric, 3to5, Reefwise, and Zoacollector. They all have given me good customer service and quality livestock.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gone with liveaquaria in the past. However have read some really troubling reviews here recently. Seems like after Petco bought them out quality of livestock and service has gone down the tubes. Any other suggestions?

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gone with liveaquaria in the past. However have read some really troubling reviews here recently. Seems like after Petco bought them out quality of livestock and service has gone down the tubes. Any other suggestions?

One of the bad reviews recently was from me...because I was an idiot and thought they didn't ship a fish. They did, but it slipped through 1/8" mesh before I saw it. It popped out 5 days later like, "hey, here I am!"

I have to say that their customer service was unbeatable in my case. Not only did they refund the cost of the fish, but they also called the next day to offer the same fish to me before it was listed on Diver's Den. (FYI, I did call them when I found the fish yesterday and asked them to charge me again.)

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the bad reviews recently was from me...because I was an idiot and thought they didn't ship a fish. They did, but it slipped through 1/8" mesh before I saw it. It popped out 5 days later like, "hey, here I am!"

I have to say that their customer service was unbeatable in my case. Not only did they refund the cost of the fish, but they also called the next day to offer the same fish to me before it was listed on Diver's Den. (FYI, I did call them when I found the fish yesterday and asked them to charge me again.)

That's the right thing to do BRAVO! [emoji106]

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't bought any fish from him yet but the zoa collector always seems to have a great list of fish in stock. As well as among the reef. They are both sponsors here.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back