Online Testing...lab accuracy after shipping?

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody ever seen the website that will test your water for you?? What is up with that? Why wouldn't you just buy a test kit if you already went through the setup yourself? Not to be rude, but even my grandma is capable of counting drops. I guess in labs, they have more precise tests, but wouldnt shipping water effect its chemistry? Temp effects ph doesn't it? I am not planning on using this service, but was just curious about it. After all the testing, shipping, and waiting for an emailed result, wouldnt it be more economical to just buy an aquarium controller that sends info to your smart phone since EVERYONE has one now?

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tests used in laboratories, when done correctly, is much more accurate than any hobbyist test kit, including the probes for an aquarium controller. Some parameters, such as temp and pH, would be different after shipping, but most aren't.

CJ

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i figured the ph would change since it does at night anyway...thanks alot for clearing that up for me...just saw a tv show where someone did an online pregnancy test and it got me wondering lol. Thanks

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, i figured the ph would change since it does at night anyway...thanks alot for clearing that up for me...just saw a tv show where someone did an online pregnancy test and it got me wondering lol. Thanks
how can they test online...a questionnaire can tell you if you are pregnant??? man them things are getting good....technology these days...lol...jk

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how can they test online...a questionnaire can tell you if you are pregnant??? man them things are getting good....technology these days...lol...jk

It was actually on american dad. The wife thought she was pregnant. The website she went to made her take pictures of her stuff, in different outfits...Turns out it was actually Quagmire in Quahog being his normal perv self. Then i went to the water office a.k.a. bathroom. I saw an ad for online water testing.

GOt me thinking...is quagmire just taking peoples water for his fish tank?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back