Only one pump will work at a time, bad controller?

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of Gyre 330s and I noticed the left one was off today. I know they can be temperamental so I gave it a good clean but no movement.

To try and troubleshoot I swapped the power and the the connector cord to the controller from the left to the right side. Then both sprang to life, but only for about 10 seconds. This time the right gyre had no movement. I turned everything off and powered it back up, same result they both were on for a few seconds and the right one turned off.

To fully prove my theory I swapped the cables back, restarted everything, and you guessed it.. both on for a few seconds and then the left side stops working.

All the cabling is in a raised dry area. The connections have protective caps on them so nothing can get in. There’s no dust or salt creep on any equipment.

Am I looking at a bad controller?

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those curious souls who find this post, I was able to fix it by doing a factory reset on my Maxspect controller. Oddly I had to do it twice in order for it to work. o_O

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the risk of necromancing my own post, I wanted to leave some additional notes if anyone finds this. I had the same issue again today, 18 months after first encountering it. However this time I had to reset the Maxspect controller numerous times. I honestly can't remember, 10-15 times, it eventually started working after one of them. Should you find yourself in the same position just dedicate 10 minutes to resetting it over and over and eventually it will work.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back