Only two white spots on clown

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My one clown has two white dots it seems (one between the head stripe and middle stripe, the other beside the mouth). YouTube ruined the quality of the video so I posted a screenshot as well. It’s only these two dots and no other fish in my tank has them. Does it look like ich or brook? Or maybe something that will pass like a scrape?

Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

My one clown has two white dots it seems (one between the head stripe and middle stripe, the other beside the mouth). YouTube ruined the quality of the video so I posted a screenshot as well. It’s only these two dots and no other fish in my tank has them. Does it look like ich or brook? Or maybe something that will pass like a scrape?

Thanks!

These pics are dark and fuzzy and makes it hard to detect. Please post under white light intensity and assure glass is clear
Often a couple of spots on a clown end up being grains of sand

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pics are dark and fuzzy and makes it hard to detect. Please post under white light intensity and assure glass is clear
Unfortunately youtube and Imgur seem to compress my photos and videos because they are clear on my phone.

In white lighting you can’t see the dots well at all. But they have been there for at least 4 days

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is one under white lighting. You can see the spot next to the stripe. The mouth one you can’t see too well in this one though

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Here is one under white lighting. You can see the spot next to the stripe. The mouth one you can’t see too well in this one though

Keep an eye on it and see if its gone in the morning. Ich will move and multiply and right now observe

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may just be damaged scales. Is there another clown in with it? They often get into scraps.

Just watch the individual spots - if they remain in the same location for 3+ days, it isn't ich. Ich spots tend to come and go and change in number and location, gradually getting worse.

Jay

OP
OP
katsreef

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may just be damaged scales. Is there another clown in with it? They often get into scraps.

Just watch the individual spots - if they remain in the same location for 3+ days, it isn't ich. Ich spots tend to come and go and change in number and location, gradually getting worse.

Jay
Yes there is another clown with it. I just recently introduced this one so that makes sense. So probably not ich considering it’s been there since Friday already. Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on it

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.6%
Back