oops

scamp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so im doing a water change this past sunday and while putting water back in the hose tie came undone and i pumped water all over two of my pc4s:embarassed:
needless to say the system did not react well to this. and to top it all off i know that this is not a warranty problem! so here i stand with a system less then two months old that is useless. so being the person i am, i removed the tag that said "WARRANTY VOID IF TAG REMOVED" and opened up the pc4. yes it was full of aqua. so i cleaned it all up polished up all the connections and it came back to life. the frist thing i noticed was that these unit are not sealed AT ALL. seems to me if we are going to have these systems around water and more to the point saltwater we should at a min. use some rtv on the cover halfs. a $1.00 rubber oring would make the system a little more secure. now i agree i should have been more careful and i do accept responsibility for it which is why i did not send it back and try to get them to warranty it, and i'm build a new water tight box for the whole system so this does not happen again. i was just wondering if any of you guys have the apex system, and if there system is sealed any better then the digital aquatics? all in all i am happy with this controller, just feel we could have made a little more tolerant to the enviroment it will operate in.:squigglemouth:

Back