Open brain and freebie paly

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no intention on going to the LFS today but as lo luck has it I went to help a buddy with the remnants of the latest flooding and I was close by soooo I went.
I got this little gem and they threw in a sweet paly.
If anyone has a name I'd appreciate it. My LFS Isn't the most reliable for solid info and even if they gave me a name I'd run it by here regardless lol, not much in the way of trust there.
If no one has a name that's ok, I like them and I can always name them Harry lol
Thanks in advance.

20210911_134625.jpg
20210911_134356.jpg

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no intention on going to the LFS today but as lo luck has it I went to help a buddy with the remnants of the latest flooding and I was close by soooo I went.
I got this little gem and they threw in a sweet paly.
If anyone has a name I'd appreciate it. My LFS Isn't the most reliable for solid info and even if they gave me a name I'd run it by here regardless lol, not much in the way of trust there.
If no one has a name that's ok, I like them and I can always name them Harry lol
Thanks in advance.

20210911_134625.jpg
20210911_134356.jpg

Looks like a Neon Green Trachy (?)

Those are Captain Jerk Paly's - Apparently one of the few paly's really containing Palythoatoxin (not to make this at all about a paly toxin thread) I've never had an issue with em.

my black osc sleeps in them while my orange sleeps in the nem lol.

she kicks him to the couch every night. I imagine once my nem grows a bit she’ll share the space.

58C3F111-A67D-4036-9936-D1F4BC2828C8.jpeg

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Neon Green Trachy (?)

Those are Captain Jerk Paly's - Apparently one of the few paly's really containing Palythoatoxin (not to make this at all about a paly toxin thread) I've never had an issue with em.

my black osc sleeps in them while my orange sleeps in the nem lol.

she kicks him to the couch every night. I imagine once my nem grows a bit she’ll share the space.

58C3F111-A67D-4036-9936-D1F4BC2828C8.jpeg
Thanks for the heads up, I would treat any paly as if it had toxins just out of an over abundance of caution. But your information is well received.
I took them because I liked their color but will try to isolate them on their own rock.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up, I would treat any paly as if it had toxins just out of an over abundance of caution. But your information is well received.
I took them because I liked their color but will try to isolate them on their own rock.
They grow like weeds too :)

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spot feed that Trachy high quality frozen meaty stuff once a week. Not a ton. Just like half the size of a frozen cube.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to play GOALTENDER keep fish from being thieves for 15mins or so.

Or spot feed it and put a container over top of it. But not to spill out all its food when covering it

OP
OP
G Santana

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spot feed that Trachy high quality frozen meaty stuff once a week. Not a ton. Just like half the size of a frozen cube.
I just fed him a piece of shrimp and it took it and closed up around it like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of cash lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back