Opinions on my aquascape

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjtabares
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cjtabares

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2009
Messages
461
Reaction score
226
Location
Bristol,RI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for some opinions on this aquascape. Trying to set up the scape to be good for a mostly spa tank, have some good places for fish, and look (as best as I can) good through two panes. These would be the 2 views it would be seen from. Hard to get the depth of the rock work in a picture, sorry. This is for a tank as big as the paper, 45 gal 24x24x18. The rock work is about 10” at it’s highest.

IMG_3105.jpeg IMG_3103.jpeg
 
Looks fine if you only plan on 3 or 4 small fish. It may just be my perception, but it doesn't appear to have much hiding/sleeping space.
 
Looks great!

What’s the plan for the corals?
Not 100% sure. I love the look of birds nests, and also want to try a monti cap if I have room.
Looks fine if you only plan on 3 or 4 small fish. It may just be my perception, but it doesn't appear to have much hiding/sleeping space.
I was did want more then 3 or 4 fish, there are 5 or 6 little caves and swim thurs, and a few of the fish I wanted borrow in the sand so thought this would be enough. Might have to rethink/work it. Thanks.
 
Not 100% sure. I love the look of birds nests, and also want to try a monti cap if I have room.

I was did want more then 3 or 4 fish, there are 5 or 6 little caves and swim thurs, and a few of the fish I wanted borrow in the sand so thought this would be enough. Might have to rethink/work it. Thanks.

Love Birds Nest

1705596280623.jpeg
 
Not 100% sure. I love the look of birds nests, and also want to try a monti cap if I have room.

I was did want more then 3 or 4 fish, there are 5 or 6 little caves and swim thurs, and a few of the fish I wanted borrow in the sand so thought this would be enough. Might have to rethink/work it. Thanks.
I re-scaped probably 3 times in as many months even though I thought it was perfect when I first started.

You can always add stuff down the road should you feel the need.
 
I re-scaped probably 3 times in as many months even though I thought it was perfect when I first started.

You can always add stuff down the road should you feel the need.
Have been working at this for a while. Lol I have this pice of rock that I love but just can’t get it to work. I was working on this all night, then took it apart this morning and started what you see above
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3095.jpeg
    IMG_3095.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3091.jpeg
    IMG_3091.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 51
I think the scape looks good!
 
Moved it into the tank and added a rock to the bigger island.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3111.jpeg
    IMG_3111.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3110.jpeg
    IMG_3110.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3109.jpeg
    IMG_3109.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 47
I was looking at Jason Fox’s web page and these all caught my eye. The purple with green polyps I don’t think is a birds nest, but really like it too.

IMG_3113.png IMG_3114.png IMG_3112.png
Wow, I can see why it caught your eye, gorgeous!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new