Opinions on my new tank please!

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All Hope you can see the picture of my new tank. Reefer 250. 5 weeks old. Added a few fish and a few coral frags. In the ‘green stage’ now. Fish corals snails and shrimp all active. The black back glass gives the tank a dark look and the picture over emphasises the blue of the lights possibly. All comments and opinions as to how to create a colourful bright tank welcome please. Thank you.

083F8B8D-1EF7-4EBC-8A24-744D3C542C6B.jpeg FAC8FA09-9A59-4F1E-8099-C66F3AB9651C.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add, a gyre is also great for a wave maker

I agree with @ekandler by add some more rock to the scape for looks and for the future corals that require more Par to grow.

OP
OP
peterhos

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add, a gyre is also great for a wave maker

I agree with @ekandler by add some more rock to the scape for looks and for the future corals that require more Par to grow.
Thank you all. I think I need to get some height in the back left and right hand corners. Do you think a couple of Aquaone pieces would look good or bad? Might add a little red which I am lacking at the moment. If not what do you suggest. Incidentally, not easy to get live rock in the UK nowadays…

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest just adding more rock and building up the scape. There are some great hydraulic cements that are out there to stick the rock when went. Aquaforest make a great one, that I have used in the past.

Remember to give yourself some room from the glass and rock work to clean you glass

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needs one or two tall structures to balance out the negative space on top as already noted.

OP
OP
peterhos

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank looks very dark...what lights are you using...
Am using a TMC ilumenaire+ 600 (for a 36” wide tank). The tank does look dark. Due to the black back glass. Or do I need the white light turned up to maximim? Maybe I need to cover all the black to brighten the tank up???

OP
OP
peterhos

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest just adding more rock and building up the scape. There are some great hydraulic cements that are out there to stick the rock when went. Aquaforest make a great one, that I have used in the past.

Remember to give yourself some room from the glass and rock work to clean you glass
Will check out Aquafirest.

OP
OP
peterhos

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needs one or two tall structures to balance out the negative space on top as already noted.
Yes. A good tank the Reefer but am not so sure about the black now. A little late to think about it now. My bad??

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend you don’t add corals until at least a few months after cycling, or when coralline algae starts growing in your tank.

Back