Optical sensor electrical hook up to Apex FMM

LeeU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a FMM and two OS-1 Optical sensors on the Bulk Reef Supply black Friday sale, the two OS-1's will be for my low level high level sump level. My ATO consists of two 18" laser cut disk with a 12" X 6" high acrylic tube under the Innovative Marine tank, I will cut the tube on the back and glue a flat .375 plate to it so I can drill and tap for my low level high level sensors as well as a .25" qd to hook my ATO dosing head to, I will also have a .1875 tube to an airstone placed over my sump for a vent on the sealed ATO tank as well as a .25" qd for filling the tank. My question is since the tank is basically sealled I will not be able to install OS-1s for the float switches. I will need either two horizontal style float switches or two screw in style optical sensors, how do I wire either to work with the FMM?

PS... the reason I'm calling this tank Nano Nano is it is a IM 12 gallon nano on top of an actual Mighty Sat 1 satellite bus, yes a real satellite.... so the name is Nano Nano :)

Respectfully,
LeeU

20171029_064851.jpg

Last edited:

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot connect standard float switches to a FMM. Use a Break-out Box plugged into the IO jack of the Apex or a PM module; wire the float switches to the BoB terminals.

Or use magnet mounts; the OS-1M optical sensors come with them, if you bought plain OS-1, you could exchange them for OS-1M packages.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back