Optimizing AI prime

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Curious if anyone has input on my AI prime for my 20g JBJ cube. It's a mixed set of corals (xenia, green pocillopora, kenya tree, a mushroom, candy cane...mostly the type of stuff marked 'easy'). RFAs as well.

Currently I have this at 70% for blue/royal blue, 35% UV, everything else around 10%. Seems like every time I jack up the UV and blue, everything gets happier. I've basically just been increasing the three by 5% every week or two. But I'm not sure what the limit on that is. Whenever I look online it seems like people are running things way higher though, particularly UV, but I don't want to overdo it and start bleaching things, esp as it's a small tank. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Curious if anyone has input on my AI prime for my 20g JBJ cube. It's a mixed set of corals (xenia, green pocillopora, kenya tree, a mushroom, candy cane...mostly the type of stuff marked 'easy'). RFAs as well.

Currently I have this at 70% for blue/royal blue, 35% UV, everything else around 10%. Seems like every time I jack up the UV and blue, everything gets happier. I've basically just been increasing the three by 5% every week or two. But I'm not sure what the limit on that is. Whenever I look online it seems like people are running things way higher though, particularly UV, but I don't want to overdo it and start bleaching things, esp as it's a small tank. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
As long as you're taking it slow the coral will let you know. Check to see what others run with that particular light.

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set the light to what ever makes the corals happiest and use the acclimation setting to slowly light acclimate to corals over a set course of time. On the Aqua illumination website under signature series you can copy someone’s tank light settings so you know that that specific setting is proven to grow coral.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back