Options?

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I need some help deciding between several options.

1. My tank is an elos 70 (30"x22"x20").
2. The tank will be SPS dominant and the rockwork is constricted to the center of the tank. The dimensions of the rock structure are 20"x13"x10".
3. I really love the shimmer of Kessils but just 1 kessil a360x is not enough for my entire tank when it is filled with SPS.
4. I would love to stay away from bulb replacements (led only), if possible.

Here are the options I have come up with so far please chime in and let me know what you think is best and why.
Option 1: 2x Kessils a360xs mounted 9-10" apart centered on tank. (only 2x kessils)
Option 2: 2x kessils a360xs w/ 2x 24" reefbrite xho "all blues" (2x kessils w/reefbrites)
Option 3: 1x ATI Straton LED
Option 4: 1x Phillips Coral Care Gen2

I am really worried about shadowing as well as PAR at the bottom. I need to have 200+ PAR at the sandbed.

Thanks in advance. I have a few months to do research and decide since I just rebooted my tank.

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your constraint? Price, are you wondering if any of those options are sufficient light for you tank if it's SPS dominant?

If it's price, what price have you found for each of the options you listed?

I have DIY light fixtures with Lumia 5.2 chips that I'm happy with. I'm not sure if they're cheaper than a couple of Kessels and they were a bit of work, but my heat syncs let me add more lights later if I need to.

OP
OP
cpllongjk

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your constraint? Price, are you wondering if any of those options are sufficient light for you tank if it's SPS dominant?

If it's price, what price have you found for each of the options you listed?

I have DIY light fixtures with Lumia 5.2 chips that I'm happy with. I'm not sure if they're cheaper than a couple of Kessels and they were a bit of work, but my heat syncs let me add more lights later if I need to.
Price is not really a factor. The main thing I care about is coverage for a tank full of sps. As frags I’m sure 1 kessil would be enough but as they grow 2 would be better then after that maybe more? Is the Phillips or Ati better than just spending almost the same as 2 kessils and 2 reefbrites? Which will be best for a tank full of sps?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back