View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
revhtree submitted a new Article:

OR Bar LED Light

OR Bar LED Light
OR 120, 90 and 60 – LED Lighting Bars for Aquariums

Orphek OR series are the coolest LED Lighting Bars for aquariums.
For optimal SPS/LPS coral growth, color and illumination, replacing T5/T8 lighting technology for aquariums.

This versatile high performance LED bar lights will blow your mind! Not only that, our OR LED bar lights are ideal for the harsh saltwater environments: Splash, water, and dust...

Read more about this article here...

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super cool! You could also use it to supplement T5 or LEDs for extra PAR/coloration. Where can you buy these? A UV bar would be perfect with my current lighting as I don't have any UVs and want more blues.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been waiting for someone to make this for a LONG time. I don't know why something like this wasn't around much sooner.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to order one myself and try this instead of reefbrite light bars but idk which one is better

Based on the fact this one has UV and Blue I would wager this one will do a better job of pop. RB imho, is way overpriced, and overhyped. It's not half as good as people say it is.

Orphek, it would be great if we could get more information on this -- Like Par numbers, if it's adjustable, if you plan to make others, etc etc.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a QT/frag tank setup, the blue - cyan is probably a better pick than the violet - uv??

Any additional information on the mounting brackets or dimming ability?

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a QT/frag tank setup, the blue - cyan is probably a better pick than the violet - uv??

Any additional information on the mounting brackets or dimming ability?

The 18k would probably be best for QT/Frag setup -- The Violet - UV would be the best for florescence I'd imagine, but also pretty nice for growth. Although if I had to pick ONE, I'd probably go with the 18k.. If I were to pick two, probably the 18k's, three probably 2x 18k and 1 Violet-UV. But that's just purely based on my experience with a RADION and how those colors look to my eye -- (The AB+ program is around 18k, or 19k I believe, just a hair above 20k)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 18k would probably be best for QT/Frag setup

Thanks Rakie, the DT will be Orphek V4 likely running everything at 100% (slightly whiter than AB+). I'll go with an 18k (assuming I can dim them somehow)

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning to add a pair of these. I am thinking one reef blue and one reef daylight.

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures on how to hang/mount this?

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pictures on how to hang/mount this?

I just used a simple shelf L-Bracket and an eye hook and nut from the hardware store ($9 total). You could just double it up for more stability with one wire in the included hanging kit for each bracket. I doubled them up and had them both going to the same bracket/eye hook.

fae626eb9a6483c0e31297b98936305b.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back