ORA Pearlberry back in production

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I just purchased the ORA frag from LA. I decided to jump on it for a lot of reasons. The Pearlberry in my tank that I thought was ORA has purple polyps and a little different structure. My favorite acro of all time, no one local has one. I know it came from ORA and want to support them. Their frags are of good size and I have spent more on tiny frags. Buying online with shipping gets me a hundred cheaper at 1/2-3/4 frag size. I’m sure if I waited it out, it would drop to normal ORA prices in a few months. Since it has been out of ORA circulation for so long, I was trigger happy

NickC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs ordered me one a month ago. I didn’t ask them price when I ordered, figuring it’s be on the higher end of normal ORA prices... I was pretty shocked when I went to pick it up, but I got a few other things and they gave me 20% off of the whole purchase so that took some of the sting out.

It was my favorite colony that I had in my old system and is the only coral that I knew I wanted to have in this new one so I went ahead and grabbed it.

Good sized frag, and straight from the source.

Ron Popeil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bouncingsoul39 this is the pearlberry you said arrived partially bleached and got a refund on?

5a406f8f7ce55a5d4e9f7cde6fec99e6.jpg

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Naturalreef do you have any pictures of how your pearlberry showed up?

Hi Ron,

I just ordered it this morning. Every frag I received from ORA has been a well sized,encrusted and healthy frag. I expect no different coming straight from the source out of Florida. I’ll update this thread tomorrow with pics when I receive it.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My lfs ordered me one a month ago. I didn’t ask them price when I ordered, figuring it’s be on the higher end of normal ORA prices... I was pretty shocked when I went to pick it up, but I got a few other things and they gave me 20% off of the whole purchase so that took some of the sting out.

It was my favorite colony that I had in my old system and is the only coral that I knew I wanted to have in this new one so I went ahead and grabbed it.

Good sized frag, and straight from the source.

My sentiments as well Nick!

Ron Popeil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a recent frag from ORA Ron?
its from a previous thread i was following posted by bouncingsouls. thats the pearlberry frag he said he received, i just wanted to clarify since in this thread he said it arrived brown and bleached. its the first negative id heard about getting ORA corals.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
its from a previous thread i was following posted by bouncingsouls. thats the pearlberry frag he said he received, i just wanted to clarify since in this thread he said it arrived brown and bleached. its the first negative id heard about getting ORA corals.

First I have heard or received as well. Since they recently reacquired the coral, it’s probably flying off the shelves is why there is not much encrusting on the frag.

Lukas75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be one of the few who buys coral on looks and color vs the name it carries.
I really like some pretty cheap corals! And I really hate the ORA frag plug. I know it's a brand thing but I've heard a lot of people complain about them through the years.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bouncingsoul39 this is the pearlberry you said arrived partially bleached and got a refund on?

5a406f8f7ce55a5d4e9f7cde6fec99e6.jpg

Yes, and the coral in this pic is partially bleached. It's hard to tell from the lighting messing with the color, but when I compared it to other pics on LA of the same coral frags I could tell something was wrong. The coral should have a green base to it. This thing was almost pure white at the base though its shadowed in the picture you can't see it. The next day after taking this picture, the color had completely bleached with only hints of brown on the tips and the rest of the skeleton being white. I sent of pic of the coral under white light only, and under there "arrive alive, stay alive guarantee" for all livestock, I was refunded for it.

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For transparency sake, lets let everyone know that you are an ORA representative and that your name isn't Ron, since you've got people here who don't know who Ron Popeil was apparently lol. I know you because you have the same handle on RC, where you PM'd me.

I want you to be aware that besides this issue with the Pearlberry, I have had other issues with my last orders that came direct from ORA farm for coral orders processed through LA. I ordered a Premium Acro pack that was supposed to come with a Purple Plasma. There was no purple plasma in the pack, instead some brown skinned thin branch stag with green polyps. Totally different. I also ordered a MI Blue Bottlebrush that was sent to me almost totally browned out with only hints of blue in the tips. This BB RTN'd at the base with 1-2 days of coming in and was also credited by LA's guarantee.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone else think that stock photo looks a bit awkward or just me?

I was going to mention the same thing. Color and structure look different. but since it was a frag,it might take a bit to bring out its true color and form.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back