ORA Pearlberry back in production

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a story for you all, 5 years ago I sold my tank and all these nice acros with it to a buddy. One of the colonies was a big pearlberry. A year later ORA kills there colony and purchases the colony from my buddy out my old tank. They have been growing it ever sense and the frags you see online are from my original colony. The colony ORA purchased is og pearlberry, but i grew if from a Frag that another friend of mine who may not want to be named, this friend literally has the biggest Oregon tort colony you have ever seen. When I started a new tank setup a year ago, I got a piece of the pearlberry back from him and of course the Oregon tort.

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one from live aquaria (not DD) today. It looks pretty nice.
IMG_4197.JPG

IMG_0397.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot really tell from that photo. I see a LOT of fakes, and they are mostly cheaper frags. This is nothing definitive, but usually the real-deal ones are 80-100+. Part of me says that coral is A. Plana and not a Pearlberry, but I would give it time. Crayola and other A. Plana have similar coloration and are usually not as expensive.

Here is a thread with some real and some fake photos. Some of the real ones look suspect when small and then turn out awesome when they grow a bit.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ora-pearlberry.359187/

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back