ORA Pearlberry

Go for it!

64425071.jpg
 
ok because I saw it on RMF for 300 and that's what its suppose to be but it doesn't look as purple. I just want to make sure its a good price
 
well I just wasn't sure if that's like full retail?

There is no "Full retail" on Pearlberry. ORA doesn't sell it anymore and the real deal is a bit tough to find.
 
how do you know if its the real deal?
Either get it from a verified/trusted source, or less preferably have an extremely keen eye that can spot the proper growth, corallites, structure, and color - which you need to see the mother colony in person or a good macro shot of the mother.

If the frag is pretty and you think it’s worth $40 even if it’s not the true ora pb, just buy it anyways. I think people get far too hung up on names sometimes.
 
The toughest part is if it’s really the ORA pb or not. It took me quite a while to get hold of a true ORA pearlberry. There are a lot of lookalikes sold as ORA PB that are not the real deal. :(

I have had 3 different sources I received “ORA Pearlberry” from. 2 of them for sure were fakes. The latest one I think is real, but I’m not sure.
Actually have another one coming in from aquavist99 which I have high confidence in.

This is the my latest one. Tell me what you think guys:

aff7c2cadefb3451b5c37f11bd457aaa.jpg
 
I can get $75-100 for 1 or 1.5 inch fully encrusted frags with multiple branches. I have a photo of it on a ORA Plug, though and for-sure it is ORA. I could probably frag my colony to the bone and sell 30-40 frags in a week around here... it is very much sought after and kinda hard to get.

IMO, nobody is selling a real RMF frag for 1/10th of retail - the few that want Jared's frags like to get paid for them when they frag them. It is probably a look-alike.

addictreef - my PB does not look like that.
 
I have had 3 different sources I received “ORA Pearlberry” from. 2 of them for sure were fakes. The latest one I think is real, but I’m not sure.
Actually have another one coming in from aquavist99 which I have high confidence in.

This is the my latest one. Tell me what you think guys:

aff7c2cadefb3451b5c37f11bd457aaa.jpg
The structure does not look correct to me. I don’t think it’s the same species as the PB.
 
I can get $75-100 for 1 or 1.5 inch fully encrusted frags with multiple branches. I have a photo of it on a ORA Plug, though and for-sure it is ORA. I could probably frag my colony to the bone and sell 30-40 frags in a week around here... it is very much sought after and kinda hard to get.

IMO, nobody is selling a real RMF frag for 1/10th of retail - the few that want Jared's frags like to get paid for them when they frag them. It is probably a look-alike.

addictreef - my PB does not look like that.
Do you have any pics of your PB? Would love to see a nice true colony. Mine is small and still growing. It appears that Ty also has the PB as mine looks identical to a frag I got from him as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new