ORA Pearlberry

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it!

64425071.jpg

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you know if its the real deal?
Either get it from a verified/trusted source, or less preferably have an extremely keen eye that can spot the proper growth, corallites, structure, and color - which you need to see the mother colony in person or a good macro shot of the mother.

If the frag is pretty and you think it’s worth $40 even if it’s not the true ora pb, just buy it anyways. I think people get far too hung up on names sometimes.

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The toughest part is if it’s really the ORA pb or not. It took me quite a while to get hold of a true ORA pearlberry. There are a lot of lookalikes sold as ORA PB that are not the real deal. :(

I have had 3 different sources I received “ORA Pearlberry” from. 2 of them for sure were fakes. The latest one I think is real, but I’m not sure.
Actually have another one coming in from aquavist99 which I have high confidence in.

This is the my latest one. Tell me what you think guys:

aff7c2cadefb3451b5c37f11bd457aaa.jpg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get $75-100 for 1 or 1.5 inch fully encrusted frags with multiple branches. I have a photo of it on a ORA Plug, though and for-sure it is ORA. I could probably frag my colony to the bone and sell 30-40 frags in a week around here... it is very much sought after and kinda hard to get.

IMO, nobody is selling a real RMF frag for 1/10th of retail - the few that want Jared's frags like to get paid for them when they frag them. It is probably a look-alike.

addictreef - my PB does not look like that.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 3 different sources I received “ORA Pearlberry” from. 2 of them for sure were fakes. The latest one I think is real, but I’m not sure.
Actually have another one coming in from aquavist99 which I have high confidence in.

This is the my latest one. Tell me what you think guys:

aff7c2cadefb3451b5c37f11bd457aaa.jpg
The structure does not look correct to me. I don’t think it’s the same species as the PB.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get $75-100 for 1 or 1.5 inch fully encrusted frags with multiple branches. I have a photo of it on a ORA Plug, though and for-sure it is ORA. I could probably frag my colony to the bone and sell 30-40 frags in a week around here... it is very much sought after and kinda hard to get.

IMO, nobody is selling a real RMF frag for 1/10th of retail - the few that want Jared's frags like to get paid for them when they frag them. It is probably a look-alike.

addictreef - my PB does not look like that.
Do you have any pics of your PB? Would love to see a nice true colony. Mine is small and still growing. It appears that Ty also has the PB as mine looks identical to a frag I got from him as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back