ORA Ruby Red Dragonet

nford1987

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
8
Location
Richmond
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I noticed that ORA posted in 2016 that they had successfully bred Ruby Red Dragonets , but it doesn't seem like they have any available, and I haven't seen any other communication after that post discussing any progress. Has anyone heard any other updates? Thanks!

Ps. I'm not referring to the Red Scooter Dragonets that I do see listed.
 
Upvote 0
Oh sorry - guess I should have read things slower. lol

Yeah there isn't much other information out there then.
I got a reply from the director of Sales over at ORA!

Hi Nate, great to hear from you! What a spectacular species right? We had some early success but our production didn’t really lead to consistent commercial numbers. We have improved many of our feeding strategies for these more sensitive species and I hope to see it translate into better production. The other big challenge has been finding broodstock, all too often only males of this species are caught which also makes aquaculture difficult!

Please keep in touch and reach out to me whenever you want for updates. Or if you need help finding any of our other captive bred animals locally. Happy to help!

Here's hoping they'll have more success in the future, I'd love to see these captive bred. These "capture-display-die" species make me sad to see.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new