ORA Skyline Granulosa

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have this coral? I ordered one from Live Aquaria last night and was curious how it looks in other peoples tanks. Once I get it I'll post a pic of it.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I had no idea they had a granny and one with such nice tips too. This piece intrigued me a lot and I am curious when they first released it? I can’t find any info on it.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like this piece will get nice red or pink tips under good light. I am curious as to how it grows, very odd coral for Ora to grow out and price so low, unless they have the coral growing quicker than normal.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also picked one up from la. It’s curious they admit it takes low nutrients and certain light to grow well and color up. Normally Ora cultures hardy quick growing corals, from what I have seen this is kind of a new thing.
Anyone know when they released this piece?

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also picked one up from la. It’s curious they admit it takes low nutrients and certain light to grow well and color up. Normally Ora cultures hardy quick growing corals, from what I have seen this is kind of a new thing.
Anyone know when they released this piece?
From what I've found it was released a couple months ago. And the low nutrients part of the description looks like it was copied and pasted from their other sps descriptions, must just be how ORA runs their tanks.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does yours look? Mine came in with very nice reddish or deep pink tips.
I have to say Ora sends perfect frags and the sizes were perfect, almost all were 2” and some 3”. Anyone that has had once since the release want to share a pic?

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does yours look? Mine came in with very nice reddish or deep pink tips.
I have to say Ora sends perfect frags and the sizes were perfect, almost all were 2” and some 3”. Anyone that has had once since the release want to share a pic?
Mine is extremely pale but its a nice size frag. I will post a pic of it when i get home.

OP
OP
C

Cannoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple cell pics of mine. Hopefully it will color up soon.

082476EB-52A9-4297-B576-7D7F99073D19.jpeg B449E30B-BCCB-4C32-A324-B985E5ACDAD6.jpeg

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nearly all granulosa are going to have better color and contrast at NSW level parameters. They can be some of the most awesome coral out there.

ORA had a granny called Phil's Granulosa too. It was nice.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have updated pictures of the ORA Skyline Granulosa? I’m eager to see what it looks like when colored up and colony size?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine wasn’t placed in a prime space but I am letting it sit for now. Mint green body with ruby tips so far. I can’t wait to see what the new growth looks like.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine wasn’t placed in a prime space but I am letting it sit for now. Mint green body with ruby tips so far. I can’t wait to see what the new growth looks like.

Awesome. I ordered a frag and I am excited to see how it turns out. I‘m also interested in ORA’s Raspberry Granulosa.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea there are a number of new frags that have that are interesting that I have not seen any pictures of in peoples reefs yet.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea there are a number of new frags that have that are interesting that I have not seen any pictures of in peoples reefs yet.

Agreed. Live Aquaria’s ORA availability is lacking. Are you or anyone else aware of any other ORA coral sources that ship/dropship directly from ORA (as opposed to housing the frags in dealers’ tanks)?

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Live Aquaria’s ORA availability is lacking. Are you or anyone else aware of any other ORA coral sources that ship/dropship directly from ORA (as opposed to housing the frags in dealers’ tanks)?

Then again, maybe the other sources’ availability would be the same if they dropship, unless dealers have different allocations.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It aware of any that aren’t just local stores. Ask your local store to inquire about a stock list from Ora. Maybe live aquaria just hasn’t updated their stock from them in a while. I will have to email la and ask about an update.

Back