ORA Strawberry Shortcake Pic/growth thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter 11f150
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My progress from my previous two posts
uploadfromtaptalk1404090004873.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1404090015921.jpg
 
Bumping this thread back up with a pic of mine. Got the frag in feb of this year.

 
I have amazing growth, both up and encrusting. I'll try and get a pick tonight. Hard though because I switched to a lot of blues, and it's helped everything tremendously.
 
80 isn't a bad price. Shortcakes are extremely slow growing and thus not available that much. Most of the time this coral takes just a month to get its color back after shipping... With that said, I want one lol
 
Arrived looking decent, then took a trip to Brown Town for a while in the frag tank. Popped it off the ORA plug and re-mounted it in the display. It is starting to look much better now.

ORAShortcakelarge7-26-14_zps0b7dfa50.jpg
 
I never paid too much attention to my small less than 1" Strawberry Shortcake when I got it 2 years ago. Lately I started to look at it again because it started to grow as a table kind of. Then I looked it up again and realized yes it is supposed to be a table (A. microclados?). I just thought it was funny because all SSC I have seen have been so small that the table form has not been obvious. I don't know why not more people try to grow large colonies of some select nice frags instead collecting a buffet of various small frags/colonies.

Sorry for the little rant. Anyway, it was a nice surprise sinde tables are my favorite Acros!! Here is mine
DSC_5667.JPG
 
1441712341644.jpg
pretty sure my colony isn't or a, but here is my shortcake. It is by far the fastest growing stick I own. I grew this from a small frag in about 10 months
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new