Orange algae or bacteria

  • Thread starter Thread starter WhistleBit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WhistleBit

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
Murrieta, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20251208_120201_4FFF5222-3588-48F8-B3A5-646FAD719D8E.png
Can anyone identify this orange algae or bacteria. It flakes off. Currently battling dinos. Not sure if this has to do with the dinos or something separate.
 
Almost looks like cyanobacteria?

How old is the system you are managing?
 
I was thinking the same but haven’t seen it so orange before. 5 month old system. Thanks for the reply.
 
I was thinking the same but haven’t seen it so orange before. 5 month old system. Thanks for the reply.
You are welcome.

The microbes and coraline algae's come in many beautiful colors!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new