Orange slime algae won't go away

Colenew1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2019
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I've been struggling with a terrible algae problem (looks way worse in person) my parameters are as follows

Salinity 1.026
Nitrate 5
Phosphate 0
Alk 9
Magnesium 1410
Calcium 410

The tank has been around for around 6 months.

I have had cyano in the past and this is different I did a 3 day black out that barely helped, chemiclean didn't help, what are my next options? This stuff is burn orange and isn't dinos. It periodically covers my corals and is killing my sps and zoas

5A0A75B8-1F52-4DA5-8D28-B0725786F21A.jpeg 6153B8F1-CB3F-4E87-8A32-C41E0FC050EC.jpeg
 
Hard to say without a microscope I'd. Could be diatoms. How's your source water? RO/DI? Filters new?
 
Rodi from LFS!
 
Do diatoms clump up and flow with the current?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new