Orange spot goby normally a jumper

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I found my brand new O S goby on the floor today ugh. I didnt think they were jumpers! .. Or is this an exception? They dont seem arodynamic or something enough to accomplish this :-/
I'm going to finally make my net cover.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I found my brand new O S goby on the floor today ugh. I didnt think they were jumpers! .. Or is this an exception? They dont seem arodynamic or something enough to accomplish this :-/
I'm going to finally make my net cover.
aww, sorry to hear this! I came home one time to find my firefish goby on the floor, it sucks.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
aww, sorry to hear this! I came home one time to find my firefish goby on the floor, it sucks.
eeeks sorry about that.. but firefish are kinda known jumpers(?). SInce i'm finaly going to put my net top together Im going to get a firefish (again) -- my last one also jumped out! --- in a gap in the net top on that tank! . Good aim (unfortunately).

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eeeks sorry about that.. but firefish are kinda known jumpers(?). SInce i'm finaly going to put my net top together Im going to get a firefish (again) -- my last one also jumped out! --- in a gap in the net top on that tank! . Good aim (unfortunately).
YEs, firefish are known jumpers, and I have a mesh screen top, he was just small enough to fit thru one of the tiny 1/4" square holes I guess.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YEs, firefish are known jumpers, and I have a mesh screen top, he was just small enough to fit thru one of the tiny 1/4" square holes I guess.
that is pretty crazy, and then still have the speed to continue through that resistance, as he must have touched it going through. so weird

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is pretty crazy, and then still have the speed to continue through that resistance, as he must have touched it going through. so weird
Yeah I really felt horrible for the little guy :crying-face: he was finally starting to feel safe in the tank. But I guess while I was at work one of the fish spooked him, and he darted up

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back