Orange Spot Sleeper Goby

bureau13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I missed my Diamond Goby that seemed fine and then just disappeared, and I wanted another sand-sifter. My LFS has an Orange-spot Sleeper Goby, which honestly looked very much like the Diamond. In the LFS he was burrowing and sand-sifting, and I had read that they were known for this. I think maybe they are actually the same species. Well...this one is mental. He is hanging out vertically against the back wall of the tank. He moves around a bit but that's where he stays, like he thinks that's the bottom. There is no sand up there buddy, what are you doing!

Anyone seen this behavior before?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I missed my Diamond Goby that seemed fine and then just disappeared, and I wanted another sand-sifter. My LFS has an Orange-spot Sleeper Goby, which honestly looked very much like the Diamond. In the LFS he was burrowing and sand-sifting, and I had read that they were known for this. I think maybe they are actually the same species. Well...this one is mental. He is hanging out vertically against the back wall of the tank. He moves around a bit but that's where he stays, like he thinks that's the bottom. There is no sand up there buddy, what are you doing!

Anyone seen this behavior before?
I see it with my Koumansetta gobies a lot, honestly I think it’s just how they feel comfortable.

Also, Diamond and Orange Spotted sand sifter are the same species - Valenciennea puellaris.

OP
OP
B

bureau13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, he finally fixed his internal gyroscope and is now making mounds and sandstorms around the bottom of my tank as god intended :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back