Orange with Green & Purple Streaks Rainbow Shroom!

bfam4t6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently traded for this shroom, and I have never seen anything like it. The closest thing I've been able to find on the internet is sexycorals mushroom, but if I had to guess I'd say they are not exactly the same as mine. The mother colony was fairly large, probably 15+ shrooms total, and the largest and most mature specimens had very noticeable green and purple streaks. They are almost like a smoother, oranger, more metallic looking version of the Mystery Tie Dye or Jawbreaker mushrooms. Anyways, the owner fragged a few babies, and I picked the biggest one which was already beginning to show little hints of green. Like the MTD mushroom, which I also have, this thing is very difficult to photograph. It shimmers like a piece of aluminum foil in sunlight!

Here it is still ****** off immediately after I placed it into my tank.

55335d621f3f71f692e25317d71672e5_zpsd8f52aa9.jpg

And, here it is after it settled in. You can see where the green is starting to develop!

0410a1ed91e1c26b4a6eb9a3014ce231_zpsc59bcdbc.jpg

Can anyone else share photos of something similar? Does anyone have the sexycorals mushroom to compare?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful shroom!

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! I wonder if it will grow more bumps as it acclimates and turn out to look more like the Jawbreaker. Def looks unique to me though. Awesome find! Thanks for sharing :)

OP
OP
bfam4t6

bfam4t6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for all of the compliments!

Very cool! I wonder if it will grow more bumps as it acclimates and turn out to look more like the Jawbreaker. Def looks unique to me though. Awesome find! Thanks for sharing :)

That is one of the things that's so cool about it. All of the shrooms from the colony I got to see were just as smooth. I'm sure it will develop a few more bumps as it ages, but it's not nearly as bumpy as the MTD or Jawbreaker. I actually have the two types placed near one another, as I think two rainbow mushroom colonies next to one another would be stellar! And, the MTD looks soooo much more yellow with this new shroom next to it for comparison.

I wish I had a better camera :/

4b8835be671dda7fdd35d6b5f57243be_zps3894896c.jpg

OP
OP
bfam4t6

bfam4t6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang Salt, your friend has some nice shrooms! They look a lot like the batch that Germany recieved earlier this year. Thanks for the photo!

KaWin4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mushrooms! I picked up several at a local swap. Those Rainbow Skittles are crazy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back