Orbit Marine PRO - IN STOCK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nano40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corrected I guess I don't have enough post to rotate a photo or edit a post lol.

OM Pro Blue 95% White 75%
DSC_0222[1].jpg
DSC_0216[1].jpg
DSC_0219[1].jpg

OM Original Blue 100% White 88%
DSC_0223[1].jpg
20150318_080554_LLS-1[1].jpg
DSC_0011[1].jpg
DSC_0225[1].jpg

Nano40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it gives an even spread of light because of the 120° spread. The pro has full spectrum which is good for coral color. I would say if you do get this light get the hanging kit

Nano40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have but the height diff of the lights was bothering me (ocd lol) I am actually going a different route with the lights for my tank. My 25 cube still has the original oribt but that's mainly softies and they are doing great so far.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have but the height diff of the lights was bothering me (ocd lol) I am actually going a different route with the lights for my tank. My 25 cube still has the original oribt but that's mainly softies and they are doing great so far.

any new updates on your impressions about the light???

waynemonts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of light did you go to? I'm considering the orbit pro. But my tank is a 30 long and its 12" wide. I know it's not as wide as yours do you think it would give that same spot light effect to my tank?

lucas girman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running this light on my tank right now. I have been since it first came out. The programming and the colors are great, but... I have had very little coral growth. I have messed around with the percentages. I have messed around with how long the lights are on, everything you can do with it. Its just not growing anything hardly at all. If you are running fish only, great light. If you have coral, they look fantastic under the light, but are very slow to grow. Cheers!

waynemonts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running this light on my tank right now. I have been since it first came out. The programming and the colors are great, but... I have had very little coral growth. I have messed around with the percentages. I have messed around with how long the lights are on, everything you can do with it. Its just not growing anything hardly at all. If you are running fish only, great light. If you have coral, they look fantastic under the light, but are very slow to grow. Cheers!
What size is your tank and depth and width?

mjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. 16" Depth. They built this light to handle SPS, LPS, Clams. At 16" depth your looking at 65-120 PAR on the sand bed.
2015-04-20_11-14-26.jpg

I've been considering the pro fixtures. Right now I have three of the 1st gen on my 65 gallon (18" deep) and without a PAR meter I'm trying to figure out how much light its giving me. Is the PAR cumulative? That is to say, do three of the Gen 1 fixtures put our about the same amount of PAR as the Pro fixture?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back