Orbit R24 LED Reef Light from Current USA

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
3,867
Reaction score
2,276
Location
Golden CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a little while since we’ve heard any news from Current USA but they’re back with a promising new reef light. The Orbit R24 LED Reef Light from Current USA looks like a small multichip aquarium light fixture due to its small size but its lighting engine is actually made up of semi-discrete LEDs. …
Source

Continue reading...
 
Absolutely love ours. We have 3 on our 75, and 2 on our 40 breeder. Excellent growth so far!
I just ordered mine I'm waiting on them now. How do you like them so far?

Also, any advice or concerns that you could share.
 
I just ordered mine I'm waiting on them now. How do you like them so far?

Also, any advice or concerns that you could share.
Love them. Our 75 has had excellent growth. I think I had the levels on the 40 too high though. We've had a HUGE hair algae outbreak, so much to where we had to remove the corals from the tank.

I have turned the intensity down quite a bit to see if it helps. The 75, blues are on 100, whites on 40, red and green I finally turned off just because.

Excellent colors and adjustment!
 
@Aparker2005 Would love to see what the controls in the phone app look like. Can one of you who own this light post some screen shots and explain how the app works?
 
Thank you for the feedback. I have a reefer 250. Getting away from the stock tus.
 
I believe you can download the loop app from current and try it out even without having a light?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new