Ordered a Tailspot Blenny but it was dead on arrival

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a tailspot blenny from Salty Bottom Reef Co., but it was dead on arrival. When I opened the box in low light conditions it did not look alive. It was floating upside down and had no visible respiration. Despite this, I know the shipping process can be traumatic, so I followed normal acclimation procedures, and after over an hour of acclimation the fish still showed no signs of life. Careful observation revealed lack of respiratory movement. Pretty sad, I was looking forward to having one. I submitted a complaint but haven't heard back yet.

B4A12E89-9873-478B-95FD-EAF56A589FBA (1).jpeg
33BA02B8-6C67-499C-828C-82D7FC78E438 (1).jpeg

Turnage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that can happen. I stopped ordering Coral and fish online because of this. It's just too stressful for both me and incoming guest to make it worth it. Luck I have some awesome LFS near me to feed my addiction.

OP
OP
hds4216

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that can happen. I stopped ordering Coral and fish online because of this. It's just too stressful for both me and incoming guest to make it worth it. Luck I have some awesome LFS near me to feed my addiction.

Yeah, I've bought all my other stuff from my various LFSs, but none of them had this blenny in stock and I've been lucking for months so I decided to chance it. Unfortunately, he didn't make it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oh no and great algae eater

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is sad... sorry to hear. I also try to buy at LFS if possible (they're also pretty good about ordering fish/coral I want if they don't have in stock).

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you order it from and how long was the transit time?

Hmmm this is seriously making me reconsider a Royal Gramma (yes). Why? Because in my part of the world (Asia) most LFS do not carry them regularly and I’ll practically have to source one online.

The Flameback Angel’s another fish I really like but being an African fish my LFS and most LFS in China also don’t carry them regularly so I have to source one online.

That also makes me concerned.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back