Ordered New inTank ch1 for Fluval EVo

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the inTank ch1 filter media box because the stock filter is going to become a nitrate heaven. I was wondering on what kind of media I should put in it? I did order filter floss to place at the top of the media basket as well as Marine Pure Gems

OP
OP
zachSalty

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have n
I just ordered the inTank ch1 filter media box because the stock filter is going to become a nitrate heaven. I was wondering on what kind of media I should put in it? I did order filter floss to place at the top of the media basket as well as Marine Pure Gems
I have no Idea why it says emergency..

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have the original sponge filter after 5 months and I have 0 nitrates. I don’t see it becoming a problem soon.

I think those chambers are way overpriced for what they are. You can make your own with plastic crate (forgot the name) and zip ties if you absolutely want one.

I use filter floss in addition to the sponge and my water is clear. I also added more bio-balls then what the tank came with.

OP
OP
zachSalty

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have the original sponge filter after 5 months and I have 0 nitrates. I don’t see it becoming a problem soon.

I think those chambers are way overpriced for what they are. You can make your own with plastic crate (forgot the name) and zip ties if you absolutely want one.

I use filter floss in addition to the sponge and my water is clear. I also added more bio-balls then what the tank came with.
Gotcha. My water is clear and I have 0 now but after doing some research and reading others who have the tank they have all ditched the sponge and redirected the water flow for correct filtration. I just want to bite the bullet now and prepare it then a year down the line amd having a disaster waiting

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. My water is clear and I have 0 now but after doing some research and reading others who have the tank they have all ditched the sponge and redirected the water flow for correct filtration. I just want to bite the bullet now and prepare it then a year down the line amd having a disaster waiting
It’s not ‘correct’, there’s really no such thing, it’s just slightly more efficient. I don’t know that its $50-$60 more efficient, but I will give them that its more convenient to change out your filter media.

OP
OP
zachSalty

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not ‘correct’, there’s really no such thing, it’s just slightly more efficient. I don’t know that its $50-$60 more efficient, but I will give them that its more convenient to change out your filter media.
Right I mean more efficient. I’m not sure why everyone says they are expensive… I ordered it off of Amazon (inTank brand) for $30. I figured it would be better the egg crate and better in the long run till the advancements in the future come. I just worry because I am continually siphoning waste underneath the protein skimmer and the filter sponge because of the way the water flow goes. And that stupid hole in the middle is dumb.

Back