Ordering corals from Canada [?]

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,

If I want to order corals from Canada and I'm from USA, I just place a regular order and get it delivered or when it's imported on the pick up they'll ask me for a licence ? How does it work please.

Thank you! o_O

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,

If I want to order corals from Canada and I'm from USA, I just place a regular order and get it delivered or when it's imported on the pick up they'll ask me for a licence ? How does it work please.

Thank you! o_O

When you order from one country to another, you need a import license to do so. Until you get one, I doubt anyone would sell across border...

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought corals from big show frags in Canada and I didn't need nothing to get them and I live in Maryland

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered from them and they sent it to my house and they take care of everything but it takes a little bit longer to get them because they have to do something on there end but you just order that's all you have to do

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanna know who you're ordering from up here. We have a few nice vendors but nothing compared to the online selection in the US. I've actually done the opposite, ordered from the US, picked them up stateside and then driven across the border.

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from a place call big show frags and they get some nice stuff from time to time and there pretty cheap

reefergurl89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think its possible without expensive permtis :S you may be able to get some zoas / softies but thats about it

LDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanna know who you're ordering from up here. We have a few nice vendors but nothing compared to the online selection in the US. I've actually done the opposite, ordered from the US, picked them up stateside and then driven across the border.

Hey @amps i was thinking about doing this as well but didn’t know what the rules were when crossing... have they ever given you trouble getting across?

amps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @amps i was thinking about doing this as well but didn’t know what the rules were when crossing... have they ever given you trouble getting across?

Declare them at the border and 95% of the time they'll wave you through. Some folks won't declare them and hide them but that's just asking for trouble. I know at least two folks in Toronto that fly/drive to Buffalo, California and Florida monthly to pickup frags to sell back here and they've both told me that they just declare them.

It's of course up to you how honest you wanna be and you really should read up on the rules and regulations first.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back