oregon mummy eye chalice

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess even if it is the exact same coral in the ocean it's not from tyree... therefore even if it came from the same wild colony you cannot label it tyree. don't get me wrong i'm not into the name brand designer corals either but i do understand it(hate it, but get it) it's basic capitalistic america and supply and demand eventually the price tags will drop and that's when i'll get those corals this dang hobby's all about patience anyway :)

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well said Darryll, I happen to like the LE corals, I have yet to walk into any LFS and find something remotely as nice as a Tyree Pink Watermelon or Oregon Mummy Eye, so all the power to you folks who have a LFS that gets livestock like that, consider yourselves lucky! For you folks who don't like the name game or LE thing, everybody likes the hobby for different reasons but you shouldn't sit there and bash it or put it down just becasue you don't like it or you disagree with it. I happen to be one who loves that aspect of the hobby, I use them to trade around for more LE corals :)

Last edited:

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess even if it is the exact same coral in the ocean it's not from tyree... therefore even if it came from the same wild colony you cannot label it tyree. don't get me wrong i'm not into the name brand designer corals either but i do understand it(hate it, but get it) it's basic capitalistic america and supply and demand eventually the price tags will drop and that's when i'll get those corals this dang hobby's all about patience anyway :)

If your talking to me, you clearly didn't absorb what I said.

Psychographic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear, in no way was I using the OP as an example of my stand on the named, LE, lineage situation.

OK now what the heck is an Auction Edition? I can understand LE, but this new one does'nt even make sense to me.:tongue:

mrgreenthumb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my slice of oregon mummy eye directly from isaac :D i'm even getting a laminated card for this specific purpose!! i like it so much i'm gonna get a couple more!!! :D
ome008.jpg

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1
holla

joefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe that some of the dealers for these high end pieces (for a fee) arent including a transferable and veified certificate of authenticity. native american artifacts have been done this way for decades and the true museum quality pieces have several COA. So way not just add a clause when you buy a "LE...named piece" that when you frag your certified piece the new owner get the cert and the original vendor still can get paid for there exclusive morph and we dont have to argue origin anymore. No COA, dont use the name.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my slice of oregon mummy eye directly from isaac :D i'm even getting a laminated card for this specific purpose!! i like it so much i'm gonna get a couple more!!! :D
ome008.jpg

when yours grows out let me know im looking for a frag would be willing to trade.

joefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a good idea buttttt its to late for that now
the only way its too late of an idea is if we believe that all the super sweet collectable grade corals that can be collected have been collected, sold, and propogated by hobbyist. Highly unlikeky. I am also willing to bet that many people would buy a new frag to get the COA and then sell off the piece that isnt certified. I personally love my cats eyes and were sold to me as whodahs but i didnt get them from whodah and neither did the guy who sold them to me, and most likely the first guy didnt either so they are just cats eyes. Is the zoa/paly name game going to start appyling to all coral? Too much mone is changing hands without regulation and standards

mrgreenthumb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I meant to see i'm getting a laminated card of authenticity from the orginal person where the mother colony resides, for the specific purpose of proof and resale value since its an "auctioned edition tyree". To some people it does matter, and it always will!! There are already other ways to verify, you order from tyree you get a receipt, same with atlantis, fragfarmer, totally exoctic corals, OIAB etc etc, those are your COA's!

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great thread and the one conclusion I have drawn from everything is "I LOVE me some Oregon Mummy Eye!" where do I get my frag???

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great thread and the one conclusion I have drawn from everything is "I LOVE me some Oregon Mummy Eye!" where do I get my frag???

cant agree more lol:tongue:

Also if you don't agree with a price of a LE or AE then don't buy it, theres plenty out there I wont pay the high price for and as far as proof of linage I believe that can be a hard one unless your getting from the source or from a reputable person or dealer as some will use this to there advantage.

Last edited:

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I meant to see i'm getting a laminated card of authenticity from the orginal person where the mother colony resides, for the specific purpose of proof and resale value since its an "auctioned edition tyree". To some people it does matter, and it always will!! There are already other ways to verify, you order from tyree you get a receipt, same with atlantis, fragfarmer, totally exoctic corals, OIAB etc etc, those are your COA's!

One problem that jumps out immediately.

Say I buy my LE bubblegum monster from WWC. I have my receipt. Then I buy what looks like it but isn't from say ebay. Now I have two pieces of corals which look similar. One is the true bubble gum and one isn't. But I have a receipt that says I did buy it. I could potentially sell the imposter as the real deal.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It all about trust when you buy from someone and that is the way it will be unless you can verify by calling the person like for instant OIB or Isaac.

C

coral

View Badges
That is an awesome coral lineage or not! I agree that if you are paying a premium for a coral there should be some sort of lineage certificate. I realize that someone could abuse the idea of selling an"AE or LE" coral. I also personally love getting brightly colored coral regardless of any " coral fame". However the bottom line is if you are representing the coral as famous it better be legit or you may be sacrificing any reputation for trading that you have.

P.S. stylaster,

Does your friend that you got the frag from have any more for trade? I'd like to get a piece and send a picture to tyree myself. maybe I could have my own "AE" coral then.I'd call it the Oregon mummy eyeish. LOL!

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
omg people its a coral if everyone forgot about the stupid names and bs these things would not cost 250 an eye lol it would be this looks nice i want some! and you would pay NORMAL prices lol this is getting way outta hand

C

coral

View Badges
oceanparadise1,

I'm down to play hoops for frags. Do you know PIG? Or what about HORSE?

lol

The names are just for fun. So is money! Just ask George W.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back