0   0   0
here is my mummy eye chalice
IMG_0485.jpg

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roy, is that the Oregon Mummy eye? I didnt think he was giving up anymore. Or did you get that one from Jim? Here's another piece I just traded Isaac for fragging in a few months.

013.jpg

OP
OP
stylaster

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that one is from jim. Isaac and Jim where comparing and said the two colonies looked identical.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically, it's not the Oregon Mummy Eye, it's a hybird!!! but man, thats sure looks like it! Jim got a sweet deal on that.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be negative but is this another coral being passed off as an original LE/AE? The 'Hybrid' comment makes me think so... I know some people think the LE thing is a joke but others care about the chain behind the coral. It seems there has been a lot of this lately... finding a wild piece that looks like an LE and giving it the same name...

Can of worms... now opened...

sr71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be negative but is this another coral being passed off as an original LE/AE? The 'Hybrid' comment makes me think so... I know some people think the LE thing is a joke but others care about the chain behind the coral. It seems there has been a lot of this lately... finding a wild piece that looks like an LE and giving it the same name...

Can of worms... now opened...

It seems to be all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ now :(

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nothing proven at all, it can morph to any color in different settings which is why i dont under stand that, nothing proven until its in your tank and it hold color then

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why does it matter if its le or not le? if it looks the same why does any one care?

To some people it matters. People pay for linage.

Its like me taking my car to my mechanic, I'll pay for a geniune toyota part as opposed to a "replacement" part. Its costs me a bit more but thats what I want.

Same thing really....the replacement part will do the same job and looks identical, but its NOT a geniune Toyota part.

Last edited:

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but if it looks the same and does exactly the same whats the difference? the name? the stamp on the oil filter, to me if its just a stamp on it and EVERYTHING else is the same works the same looks the same and does everything the same, well then cool ill take it i guess thats just me thou

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any coral, LE or not, can change color depending on conditons.
Dave

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats my point. It may look the same and do the same job, but they're different. Unless Fram makes the oil filter for Toyota or vice versa then they aren't exactly the same, or a sticker away from being identical.

So lets say you are the original owner of the oregon mummy eye. Tyree gets his seed colony from you. Now I jump into the picture and say, hey my coral looks just like yours. It would be frad to front mine as the oregon mummy eye. Yes I understand that there are 1000s of the same coral out in the ocean, but I also understand the difference from ones looking the same to ones being the same. Who knows maybe when it was collected by piece and your piece were the same and it broke into two. But no one knows for sure.

All I'm saying is if you don't have linage don't claim it.

If you think it could be, then say it could be, rather then assuming you do.

Like I said, to some it matters and to others it doesn't. Thats all.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back