Ornate Leopard Wrasse (Arrival and Quarantine)

Vermontreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the unfortunate demise of my last leopard wrasse, I pulled the trigger on this ornate from live aquaria. Going with a much more conservative approach to introduction this time around.
Shipping was fast and temp was good, it’s already eaten a serving a frozen marine cuisine (have a culture of brine shrimp nearing adulthood ready to go). I added some backing to the qt so it’s a little less exposed after this video was taken.
No medications yet but sitting at 1.018 salinity for the time being. Will treat with light prazipro eventually but just monitoring and getting it eating for now
Am I missing anything?

Attachments

• IMG_7593.MP4
    7.7 MB

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see the video, could you try uploading to YouTube and reposting?

The fact that it's eating so soon after being shipped is a good sign.

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now I'm bummed that everyone can see the video but me! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I press and hold on the video icon till a menu pops up, then I select download linked file (iPad). I then get a download applet at the top of the screen where I can open the movie.

otherwise, I can never see them.

OP
OP
Vermontreefer

Vermontreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the unfortunate demise of my last leopard wrasse, I pulled the trigger on this ornate from live aquaria. Going with a much more conservative approach to introduction this time around.
Shipping was fast and temp was good, it’s already eaten a serving a frozen marine cuisine (have a culture of brine shrimp nearing adulthood ready to go). I added some backing to the qt so it’s a little less exposed after this video was taken.
No medications yet but sitting at 1.018 salinity for the time being. Will treat with light prazipro eventually but just monitoring and getting it eating for now
Am I missing anything?
Tried reattaching the file here, hope it works. Have never uploaded to YouTube but there’s a first for everything

Attachments

• IMG_7593.MP4
    7.7 MB

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back