Orp extremely beyond range low

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank setup new tank its 1 month old, he had problem with the cycle, but hes working on it. His orp is extremely low? He’s doing fish in cycle. Hes adding seachem prime. Every other day for the ammonia, and nitrite, nitrate.

IMG_5563.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank setup new tank its 1 month old, he had problem with the cycle, but hes working on it. His orp is extremely low? He’s doing fish in cycle. Hes adding seachem prime. Every other day for the ammonia, and nitrite, nitrate.

IMG_5563.jpeg
ORP can even go into negative numbers. In this case, if it has always read low, I would consider that the probe is out of calibration. If it was higher and now reads lower, it means there has been a shift to a reducing environment. Dechlorinators, used in excess, will do that, I don’t know if prime acts the same way.
Jay

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5563.jpeg .

Prime does nothing to reduce Ammonia.

You need to be measuring Ammonia with a test kit and changing water to keep Ammonia low otherwise the fish are suffering and may die.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back