ORP Question

https://www.triton.de/en/

xxblackatlasxx

View Badges
Reaction score
So I have the Neptune Apex and I kinda get what it is, but I really don't. I know alot of people just ignore it.

I don't have a calcium reactor of anything like that. But there is a connection with that and pH. They say you want to keep you ORP below 450, but above 325 I think. The issue that I am having is that I cant get my pH out of the 7.6 - 7.8 range and my orp is from hardly below 450. It is quite steady at around 455. I don't know if that is the upper limit of this probe that neptune supplies or what.

So I guess my overall question is there a negative limit to the amount of oxidizers that I should have in the water in comparison to the amount of organics.

Dan_P

View Badges
Reaction score
So I have the Neptune Apex and I kinda get what it is, but I really don't. I know alot of people just ignore it.

I don't have a calcium reactor of anything like that. But there is a connection with that and pH. They say you want to keep you ORP below 450, but above 325 I think. The issue that I am having is that I cant get my pH out of the 7.6 - 7.8 range and my orp is from hardly below 450. It is quite steady at around 455. I don't know if that is the upper limit of this probe that neptune supplies or what.

So I guess my overall question is there a negative limit to the amount of oxidizers that I should have in the water in comparison to the amount of organics.
Yes, you should ignore ORP readings. I think we are now at a point in the hobby of being in a state of denial about the uselessness of the ORP value as it pertains to maintaining aquarium health. Disconnect the ORP probe.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
X

xxblackatlasxx

View Badges
Reaction score
That you for the replies. I will do exactly that. Lol. I thought that might have been the case in why my pH is always so low. Lol. Thanks again.

https://www.triton.de/en/

Do you reef more, less or the same on the weekends?

• MORE

Votes: 137 60.9%
  • LESS

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • SAME

Votes: 71 31.6%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
The Best Skimmer of 2019!