orp rocket up every morning

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that actual number doesn't mean anything. I just want wonder what may be the cause of this. The orp number go up rapidly (from 320 to 365) everyday from 10am to 11am. Light is on from 9am. No fuge. Not dosing anything at that time. Thanks

Screenshot_20210801_111206.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen dissolved oxygen levels influence ORP values. Looking at your pH, and the time the lights are coming on, I think you're seeing a normal fluctuation between night/day due to photosynthesis.

You could try turning the lights on a couple of hours earlier - if the trends shift equally, then I'd say that is what is going on....lower CO2 and higher DO once the lights crank up.

Jay

OP
OP
dbq5anlxj

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen dissolved oxygen levels influence ORP values. Looking at your pH, and the time the lights are coming on, I think you're seeing a normal fluctuation between night/day due to photosynthesis.

You could try turning the lights on a couple of hours earlier - if the trends shift equally, then I'd say that is what is going on....lower CO2 and higher DO once the lights crank up.

Jay
good idea. I'll run the light two hours earlier see how it goes. Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back