Orphek Atlantik V2B. Should I?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently looking at replacing my 4 x Hydra 26s (not HD) however due to unforeseen circumstances I won't have the budget I would have had. I and have been offered a pair of 2.1/2 year old secondhand Oprphek Atlanik V2B's including Orpheck tablet and router at a very good price it seems. What are peoples thoughts on them and is there anything I need to know before considering buying them? I hear they are up-gradable and what about reliability along with the results etc? Unfortunately Orpheks are few and far between here in the UK and apart from the guy selling them (he has had to give uo keeping his tank) I don't know of anybody else using them (Radions rule here in the UK) and there is little information on them in the UK. Thanks.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u mean the V2.1? Ive git a couple i use on my DT for supplementation to my MH, sorry still a MH person here ) and a few different orpheks on my frag tanks. The 2.1 has nicer color combinations on different chamnels and refuced reds compared to previous versions, quite satisfied with them. Yes they are upgradable to v4 which will cist you 4-500 usd which might still be a good deal as all drivers and diodes are replaced (as Far as i know) so u basically get a brand new light (except for fans which are an easy change if needed)that should last u years. Had greay support from orphek when i needed it.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u mean the V2.1? Ive git a couple i use on my DT for supplementation to my MH, sorry still a MH person here ) and a few different orpheks on my frag tanks. The 2.1 has nicer color combinations on different chamnels and refuced reds compared to previous versions, quite satisfied with them. Yes they are upgradable to v4 which will cist you 4-500 usd which might still be a good deal as all drivers and diodes are replaced (as Far as i know) so u basically get a brand new light (except for fans which are an easy change if needed)that should last u years. Had greay support from orphek when i needed it.

Well no the guy says they are V2B and when I searched Google post on them did come up but not a lot of information as regards to my questions. The B I understand stands for dual diodes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back