Orphek Lighting Question

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding the light itself, its quality, and the number of lights for my system. I have a 125-gal tank, and the reason I am looking at Orphek bars is because they would fit nicely under my low canopy. I currently have ViparSpectra lights, I looked for a cheap replacement for my hydras when they died of old age. I don't want to keep them, I want more control of my tank. My plan is to 3x OR3 150 Osix. I am planning on keeping mostly softies with maybe some LPS later on for more movement in the tank. I want to push two bars to the sides and have one bar connecting them in the middle. I know that the distribution of light will be uneven, but I am wondering if the area that all three bars overlap will be sufficient for LPS. They would be about 3 inches, maybe 4 at best above the water surface ( it's a completely covered acrylic tank). I don't have any corals in my tank right now, so I don't have an opinion regarding the lights in the tank at the moment.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lights

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a standard 125 gallon. I run two OR3 150s and a OR3 120. They are all centered and have zero issues. i need to update it but Check out my build thread.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back