Orphek OR Series Light Bars

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Hey guys.

Just thought I would send you thru a photo of our australian coral import using your lighting - our corals LOVE them ...
Thanks
Matt
EasternMarine Aquariums
Orphek OR 120 Bar LED Aquarium Lighting.jpg
coral_under_orphek_or_bar_led.jpg
Orphek_Bar_LED.jpg
Orphek_bar_led_lighting.jpg

orphek_LED_OR_Bar.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos!!! This forum has been so cool meeting reefers from all over the world!!

Can't wait for my sky blue!

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone,

How do these compare to T5 bulbs? Would one OR light bar replace one or two T5 bulbs? Also, how do these light bars do with color blending? Does the full-spectrum light bar produce much of the "disco ball" effect, for example? I'm considering using these as supplemental lights to a Kessil AP700 over a 60 gallon cube (24" x 24" x 24").

Thanks!

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just received a 48" reef daylight bar and a few quick things I wanted to share with you all:

1. I have kessils so I am pretty spoiled when it comes to essentially zero color separation - due to the configuration of these lights with the LED's so far apart there is a ton, I mean ton, of color separation from these lights. I'm pretty sure I can pick out each color led under my rock work.

2. The reef daylight is super super white - I would recommend going with something more blue if you prefer bluer tanks like I do.

3. The spread is surprisingly impressive and the punch is also quite good from a light bar. I'm pretty sure the 48inch bar is comparable in brightness to a 360we (no numbers to back this up just an observation).

4. I dealt with James from Orphek and he was a delight to deal with and super super helpful, they give you a choice of lenses for the light and the build quality is great.

5. Mine took about 4 weeks to receive from invoice to delivery.

Overall I'm very pleased with the light bar, my only complaint (which is not Orphek's fault - it is mine) is that I went with reef daylight instead of a more blue spectrum. The color separation I expected due to the configuration, but still a great light for an even better price. Honestly, the customer service I received from Orphek was an absolute pleasure and I wish other companies were as helpful and friendly as them.
I'm considering using a pair of OR60 light bars as supplemental lights to a Kessil AP700 over a 60 gallon cube (24" x 24" x 24"). I've been considering the daylight spectrum. What do you think? What would your recommendations be? Also, do you think that a pair of OR60 light bars could replace four T5 bulbs in that application? Any insight you can give me would be very much appreciated!

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering using a pair of OR60 light bars as supplemental lights to a Kessil AP700 over a 60 gallon cube (24" x 24" x 24"). I've been considering the daylight spectrum. What do you think? What would your recommendations be? Also, do you think that a pair of OR60 light bars could replace four T5 bulbs in that application? Any insight you can give me would be very much appreciated!

We got this from one client with AP700
Hi James, I received the lights yesterday and installed these today. Here is couple of pictures how they look on my tank.
I don’t know yet how the coral will response but aesthetically I really like when I have now more even spread with these lights.
Also I think now corals wont get shadowed as easily.
Will start by having the lights on maybe 2h every day and increasing the time in couple of week intervals.
Best regards, Miikka

ADF8588F-2B6B-435C-9F96-7A4F2EB0A34D.jpeg

047CC46C-C1BF-4116-A779-AABD9F75904C.jpeg

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We also changes the cyan LEDs from 490-500nm
To 470-480nm LEDs so it look less green .

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what Carlos had to say “The T5 ATI is very powerful but you can clearly see the difference when you turn on the OR120's. A friend of mine has the same ATI, but with two XHO Reef Brites and they are not even close to the OR120. Thanks for such a great product!

Regards,

Carlos”
Orphek_LED_Bar_LED_with_ATI_T5.jpg

ATI_T5_with_Orphek_bar_LED.jpg

Orphek_LED_bar_T5_ATI.jpg

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We got this from one client with AP700
Hi James, I received the lights yesterday and installed these today. Here is couple of pictures how they look on my tank.
I don’t know yet how the coral will response but aesthetically I really like when I have now more even spread with these lights.
Also I think now corals wont get shadowed as easily.
Will start by having the lights on maybe 2h every day and increasing the time in couple of week intervals.
Best regards, Miikka

ADF8588F-2B6B-435C-9F96-7A4F2EB0A34D.jpeg

047CC46C-C1BF-4116-A779-AABD9F75904C.jpeg
Very nice!

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Product Review OR120 Reef Daylight & Blue-Sky
to the review click this link: https://orphek.com/product-review-or120-reef-daylight-blue-sky/

The OR bars are adding rich colors and giving a real ‘pop’ to the corals. There is also a really nice shimmer and the spectrum is superb with the blues. Very impressive lights overall.

Tony, UK”
Orphek OR120 & Radion XR30 Pro gen3
After we got his review and photos we asked for more! So here it is!

See attached photos showing the OR120 in different configurations as follows:

2 Radion XR30 pro gen 3
radio led lighting .JPG

OR120 Reef Daylight and Blue Sky
Orphek _OR 120_LED_Bar.JPG

1 Radion XR30 pro gen 3 ( left) and 1 OR120 Blue Sky
Radion_OR_LED_LED.JPG

2 Radion XR30 pro gen 3 & 1 OR 120 Blue Sky
Radion_and_OR_LED_Bar.JPG

2 Radion XR30 pro gen 3 & 1 OR120 Reef Daylight
Orphek_OR_120_bar_LED_radion.JPG

OR120 Reef Daylight and Blue Sky
Orphek_OR_120_LED_bar.JPG

OR_LED_Bar.JPG

for the full review : https://orphek.com/product-review-or120-reef-daylight-blue-sky/

OR_LED_Orphek_radion_led.JPG

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi JaaxReef, we do not have any not going to have . 3 model x 5 spectrum x 3 lens type this give us 45 models .

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Orphek, I bet most would be happy if you just tested one length, at the 90 degree most use, and the Reef Day, Sky Blue, and UVA.

Also, is there a video or other link to how to install the hanging hardware? No instructions with mine and I can't see how it attaches? I want to mount to a board to have them at an angle from near the front of my tanks to get rid of shading from my main light.

Thank you,
Todd

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Orphek, I bet most would be happy if you just tested one length, at the 90 degree most use, and the Reef Day, Sky Blue, and UVA.

Also, is there a video or other link to how to install the hanging hardware? No instructions with mine and I can't see how it attaches? I want to mount to a board to have them at an angle from near the front of my tanks to get rid of shading from my main light.

Thank you,
Todd
Hi Todd , please check this video

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that helps, thanks you two! It was the brackets I was having an issue with. Hanging kit I could see but needed to mount at an angle.

I was able to figure out brackets when you mentioned how you were trying to do the installation [emoji4]

Amazing lights!!!

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it mounted up later on Saturday. Very sweet light!
Other than offering longer versions, the only thing I can think of is it would be nice if it had a manual dimmer somehow.....even instead of the on/off switch. Not sure if that is doable around water without adding expense or not, but it would be nice.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 112 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back