Orphek V4 version 2 upgrade - long term results?

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that upgraded orphek atlantic V4 panels to the version 2 boards, did they last? Or just fry like the version 1 panels?

@@@@what prompts me to ask this if anyone cares - don't read if you are already bored@@@@
For me.. all of my V4 version 1s burned out (fried LEDs). Over time, I replaced the boards with the version 2 boards, which were advertised as being higher quality. I just pulled four of them out - also burned up in 1 to 2 years with channel 3 and or 4 offline. So far, only one has lasted more than two years.

Currently, I still have three version 2 boards in service. I have reduced power from 100% max to 80% max. Two have been rebuilt with newer V2 boards. I am hoping they will last. I have had enough of tearing these lights down and rebuilding them. It's just not fun anymore.

While were at it, what about the Icon rebuild kits with the metal fan cover? I have two of those in service now. Has anyone had fried led panels yet with the icon upgrade kits?

Thanks for sharing. I am trying to figure out what to do next if and when the last of my version twos start to malfunction. 90% sure I am done with the orphek panels - unless the new icons prove to actually be durable.

Tjm23slo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that upgraded orphek atlantic V4 panels to the version 2 boards, did they last? Or just fry like the version 1 panels?

@@@@what prompts me to ask this if anyone cares - don't read if you are already bored@@@@
For me.. all of my V4 version 1s burned out (fried LEDs). Over time, I replaced the boards with the version 2 boards, which were advertised as being higher quality. I just pulled four of them out - also burned up in 1 to 2 years with channel 3 and or 4 offline. So far, only one has lasted more than two years.

Currently, I still have three version 2 boards in service. I have reduced power from 100% max to 80% max. Two have been rebuilt with newer V2 boards. I am hoping they will last. I have had enough of tearing these lights down and rebuilding them. It's just not fun anymore.

While were at it, what about the Icon rebuild kits with the metal fan cover? I have two of those in service now. Has anyone had fried led panels yet with the icon upgrade kits?

Thanks for sharing. I am trying to figure out what to do next if and when the last of my version twos start to malfunction. 90% sure I am done with the orphek panels - unless the new icons prove to actually be durable.
I upgraded 2 v2 to icon and I run at nearly 100% for about 1 year now plus I have a new icon running at 70%

I’ll look when I get home, but I had not noticed any led burn outs. I have had issues with resetting the SSID when I changed out internet providers on the reset.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back