Oscellaris Pair and adding new fish

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched a newly purchased serpant starfish, old serpant star, 1 chalkbass dissappear, the starfish I would find its limbs.

Before all this dissappearance I just purchased 12 1" chalk basslets to go in my 80 gallon cube. 3' x 2' x 2'... They are currently in a QT tank.

Whats the probability it was the clownfish pair ripping up the starfish over territory and bullying the single chalk basslet to death? Any recommendations?

I debated removing the clowns when I introduce the new fish, holding the clowns in the 20g QT tank, then either reintroducing 1 at a time or putting them in a new tank alltogether.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify, you had the chalk bass in the 80 gallon tank along with the pair of clowns and inverts, then you had a series of deaths and have since removed them to a QT?

OP
OP
D

DOJOLOACH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To clarify, you had the chalk bass in the 80 gallon tank along with the pair of clowns and inverts, then you had a series of deaths and have since removed them to a QT?
I had 1 chalk bass in the display, series of deaths/vanishings occurred. Prior to the deaths I had just ordered 12 more chalk basslets, which are in the QT right now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back