Osmolator 3155 issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have the osmolator 3155 for a few years and it just started acting up. The pump won’t start to even the sensor is above the water line. The pump only started pumping when I turned the power off and on.
when the power is on, I see 4 red lights with a peep then the light turns to yellow and the pump will start.
however, the pump stops and it will never pump again even the tip of the sensor is out of water.
would it be the issue with the sensor?

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Perhaps the sensor is crystalized by salt and caused it to act up. Mine was in the tank for 4 years and it started to act up like that. So I had to soak it in vinegar to clean out all the salt build up. After that it works as new again.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, to clarify, the controller only has 2 red lights, in any diagnosis, view the controller directly with no viewing angle as otherwise lights may be visible through other windows.

If you basically have a perpetual green level light after start up, it is a sensor issue. The most simple causes are the sensor will crust over with minerals after some months, it can actually happen in as little as a week in some extreme cases (kalk dosed by the sensor) in that case a hour long soak in vinegar followed by wiping it off with a towel will solve it. Refugium grow lights can also blind it as they emit infrared, which is the same light spectrum the sensor uses.

OP
OP
lo7100

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, to clarify, the controller only has 2 red lights, in any diagnosis, view the controller directly with no viewing angle as otherwise lights may be visible through other windows.

If you basically have a perpetual green level light after start up, it is a sensor issue. The most simple causes are the sensor will crust over with minerals after some months, it can actually happen in as little as a week in some extreme cases (kalk dosed by the sensor) in that case a hour long soak in vinegar followed by wiping it off with a towel will solve it. Refugium grow lights can also blind it as they emit infrared, which is the same light spectrum the sensor uses.
yes, it's actually 2 red lights (too low and too high)

I soak the sensor with vinegar but no help.

do you know how much to replace the sensor and how do I proceed?

thanks

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too low and too high on together is the water damage indicator. A bad optic sensor shows as a constant green level light. Assuming the damage is minor, I can repair it, most water damage is caused by plugging in a wet power supply tip. Replacing an optic sensor is $29.49, but I don't think that is the issue.

OP
OP
lo7100

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too low and too high on together is the water damage indicator. A bad optic sensor shows as a constant green level light. Assuming the damage is minor, I can repair it, most water damage is caused by plugging in a wet power supply tip. Replacing an optic sensor is $29.49, but I don't think that is the issue.
I think I made you confused. The too low and too high lights are on when initial startup. After the pump start up at “pump on” level, the green light is on at the “level” mark.
How can I send in to repair? Can you send me the info please?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only need the controller, part 5017.000, control box with the 3 attached wires. Include a note with contact and return info.
Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Last edited:
OP
OP
lo7100

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger, I sent the osmolator over but the delivery failed. Is it because of Saturday and the office is closed?

Attachments

• 4A85266F-4EC0-4434-8D41-542F281CFF6D.png
    4A85266F-4EC0-4434-8D41-542F281CFF6D.png
    282.9 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
lo7100

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roger,
is it possible I can buy the 3155 ato sensor from you. I got it repaired and it failed again after exactly 1 year?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get your name so I can look up the repair? I am really not supposed to sell sensors outright as this can lead to issues as the calibration should be checked, if I replaced the sensor a year ago, that sensor would be replaced under warranty.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Steven,

Yes, we replaced the optic sensor 04/23/21, if the sensor has failed, we would replace it at no charge, can you send it in? It may be there is too much power to the sensor, or something else needs to be checked to prevent this from happening again.

Back