OT - Bald Eagle

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I saw out tending the smoker (smoking St. Louis ribs) I noticed a large bird flying over. I recognized it as a bald-headed eagle. By the time I realized I needed to take a picture and got the phone out it was behind a tree. (Sorry, no pic)

However, if the Silver Bullets hold out, we should have some good ribs later today! (Always a positive twist the situation!)

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are much more common now it seems. I see one on the way to work certain times of year. He/she has a dead tree off in a field I always see her in posted up for the hunt.
Really cool you saw it fly over the house though

eric.battani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20171112-094052.png
I know this is extremely hard to see buy on a trip home last year we stopped to take pictures of the des moines river and happened to spot two eagles, but the first one took off before we could take a picture. And we only had our phones to take pictures with, which was a real shame.

beaslbob

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I lived just outside till I was about 6. In a small town surrounded by corn fields haha

These where taken on the Iowa and Missouri State line
Grew up in nw des moines on 57th (until second grade) and then 48th streets until senior year high school. Then moved to Urbandale.
the 57th street had corn in a field behind our house. It's now 56 and 55the streets.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back