OT Tablet screen replacement?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Triggreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2014
Messages
4,955
Reaction score
2,796
Location
East Hampton, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just demolished my tablet. It must have hit the floor just right and totally spider cracked but still works. Anyone know how to replace the glass? It was still like new and I use it all the time. This really sucks for me.

It a samsung galaxy 2
 
Go to youtube and search the galaxy 2 screen replacement. Sure you will find a few showing how to do it.
 
We had that happen to our ipad ... It cost about 100 bucks to repair ... We just had a local phone store that does it wireless zone.....
 
You can buy the spare parts online, and as saltyphish said, there are plenty of videos on how to replace. The one thing I have found is it takes some time for the latest greatest phone and tablets to have the spare parts readily available
 
Ya if you can setup and care for a reef you can repair it. Iv done countless iPhone screens for all my friends and family. The info is all over the internet. Just find a decent part supplier What I have found is a lot comes from china and takes weeks to come in, you can find people over here though.
 
I did my wife's galaxy a few months ago. It wasn't too bad, just followed a youtube video.
 
Go to the crystal mall. Go to global cellular. He's the one that did my phone

Did he do it right there? Or did you have to leave it?

I will have to fix it because to get a new one I have to pay a termination fee or keep paying the 10 a month for the line anyhow.

I did also get a new one since they are free with 2yr activation at vz right now. So fixing it isn't an emergency anymore but will have to happen.
 
He does it in like a hour. If it's apple it may be kind of cheap around 100. If it's a Samsung it's gonna be expensive. My phone was $200. Just call and ask him how much
 
Easy to replace! Just watch some videos. I found using a hair dryer helps. Make sure you order off amazon and read the reviews. Not all replacement digitizers are equal. Some ca come with adhesive tape applied some don't. should cost you around 20 bucks
 
I'm usually willing to try stuff my self but this wasn't one of them. It seemed like a fine line between enough heat and to much. If you do to much you entire phone or tablet is trashed.
 
I can replace it if you don't find anyone. Done tons of them.
 
Digitizer is fine, just need a screen. It's only like 40 so I'll just try it myself.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new