Other pets

  • Thread starter Thread starter caity
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

caity

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2015
Messages
74
Reaction score
31
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading how passionate most of us on here are about tanks got me thinking about how we are animal lovers. I was curious what other pets you have, I'm sure most people on here have more than just tanks.
-I have a 120 salt tank with 12 fish
-2 Crested geckos
-1 dragon scale betta
-3 dogs
- a pond with koi and goldfish (posted a picture of it)
-2 finches

IMG_20160404_113000_96.jpg
 
I have a 75 African cichlid tank, a 33 long reef tank (build almost done), a 220 (currently empty, reef next year), a 5 gallon live bearer tank, a red footed tortoise, an African grey parrot, a cockatiel, and a dog. Used to have over 80 snakes (used to breed them) but gave them up when we had our son.
 
55 g freshwater with a heavy barb influence
90 g reef tank nearing the 1 year mark
29 g biocube cycling
2 cats
1 dog
1 rat (the last of 4)
1 mini Rex rabbit (not so mini) :p

Our townhouse is full. Need a bigger place soon! :D
 
I have a Boxer and (my kid's) two rabbits. I used to be big into reptiles and had a couple of large Monitors, Boas, and Pythons but it was too much work keeping them along with the reef tank.
 
d4b67943becd587c943ccaf36686c228.jpg

Manolo Sanchez
Coolest cat I've ever had.
 
I have my 65g tank with a SFE, a 20g qt with a blue head wrasse, a 29g freshwater tank with 24 community fish, and a boxer who's almost 2 years and acts like she's a puppy still.

Don't think it counts but also have 3 daughters lol. 7, 2, and 1 week old.
 
I have a 60 gallon freshwater tank with 2 Green Severums, 2 Parrot Cichlids, a catfish and a few Clown Loaches that are around 15 years old. I also have a yellow Lab, a Bloodhound and a Redbone Coonhound. I also have a Uromastix and a Yellow Throated Plated lizard...
 
I have a terribly overstocked fluval spec 5 (pair of clowns, sharknosed goby, cleaner shrimp), biocube 14 (with an anemone crab and aiptasia), an Innovative Marine Lagoon 25 (will be only salt tank), a 3.7 g overgrown freshwater planted tank, and my dog (an American Bulldog-Whippet mix) Abby.

20160205_003357.jpg
 
Besides my cube reef with one fish, 45 fresh water community fish (was a cichlid tank), bonded pair of african greys, and 3 dogs. Pretty bz cleaning up after them everyday. But love them to death tho. Also doing a new 180 mix reef build right now. Got longs ways to get it wet tho.
 
Your greys are bonded eh? I suppose they are not exactly bonded with you anymore. Do you handraise chick's then?
 
Your greys are bonded eh? I suppose they are not exactly bonded with you anymore. Do you handraise chick's then?
I hand raise them since babies. My female was 4 weeks and male was 8 weeks old when i got them. Now i can't stick my hand into their cage but can hold them when they are outside. They were dna for sex verification. They had eggs but none was fertile. Now my female stop laying eggs and i don't know why. Im glad she stop laying eggs tho. She was so stress and started to pluck her feathers on her chest. She stop plucking after the egg laying stop. Thank goodness.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new