Otto's new build

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this site and want to track my tank build with all of you. Pics and info to come. I would love to have any feedback.

OP
OP
J

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few pics of my current 70 gallon build
20150106_200147.jpg

OP
OP
J

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on this for the past 4 months. 70 gal with corner overflow, trigger ruby 30 sump, reef octopus 150 Elite sss skimmer with neck cleaner, reef octopus skimmer collector, Emperor 24v UV light, 2 kessil 360w, 1 kessil 160 tuna sun, tunze osmolator ato, apex gold system

OP
OP
J

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered 80 lbs of dry pukani rock and 30 lbs of shelf rock from brs. Planing to do some aquascaping next week and hopefully start to cycle it.

OP
OP
J

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next purchase is going to be a RODI system but. I'm not sure if I really need one. We have good water where I'm at and think I might be able to get away with just a RO system.

Strgazr27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next purchase is going to be a RODI system but. I'm not sure if I really need one. We have good water where I'm at and think I might be able to get away with just a RO system.

Gorgeous setup.
That being said you will regret not using RO water for both the setup and maintenance of this system. Where I live has some of the best water in the country and I wouldn't even think about not using RO water. You can take that chance but it's a small outlay for the benefit when you consider what you've spent so far. Why compromise now?

OP
OP
J

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely going to use a reverse osmosis system I just dont know if I really need a reverse osmosis deionized system.

OP
OP
J

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely going to use a reverse osmosis system I just dont know if I really need a reverse osmosis deionized system.

jent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definetly want DI. RO does a great job, but for the water quality we want in reef tank's it is absolutely worth that DI chember. The better job your RO does, that just means the longer your DI will last. It's pretty much impossible to get 0 TDS without DI though. Cost wise it's really not that much anyways.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes go ahead and get you a RO/DI it will save you a lot of headache in the long run!

OP
OP
J

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my dry rock today. I ordered way to much haha. No worries tho this only gives me more choices in my aquascaping. Plus I plan on redoing my 15 gal nano after I get this rig up and running. Let the games begin!

OP
OP
J

JonOtto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has any suggestions or advice for aquascaping please comment or any good websites on the subject.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back