0   0   0
That is so cool, where are you?

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We see them walking along the main roads sometimes and I used to stop and pick them up and bring them home. My wife has a big enclosure in the yard. At one point we were up to over 20, some of them very large, and it got to be too much we ended up releasing them on our property and now when I see them on the road I just pick them up and put them in the brush out of harm.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, the Virgin Islands I know. I thought you were in the States. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Branespikin. Cool, which property are you working on?
There is a lot of marble there

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Branespikin. Cool, which property are you working on?
There is a lot of marble there
Not quite sure on the residence name and most likely when i find out will need to sign a confidentiality agreement not to say anything but just got this project assigned the other day so not to familiar with it at the moment.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you will be working there you will have to take the ferry. All building materials come that way as the plane can only hold a paper clip or two. The island is tiny so don't forget anything. There is absolutely nothing to buy as far as building materials that I saw. They did have a small Mustique Depot which I would imagine has something, but not much I would imagine. If you want to eat at one of the only restaurants on the Island, plan to spend $200.00 for a lunch but Mick Jagger won't serve it to you. :p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a U Tube video of the place we had to ourselves and two of those people were our staff.

And some other link with stills and prices for different seasons. I can't afford it at all and I am fairly sure not many here can either. Like I said Our Daughter and Son N Law took us and I only paid for our air fare.

http://paradiso-mustique.com/reservations.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to shabby. It was nice to see how the rich and famous live. The media shows us them all dooded up and in their acting mode. But there, they look like normal people doing normal people things without a lot of dopey people jumping all over them like they are Gods.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you will be working there you will have to take the ferry. All building materials come that way as the plane can only hold a paper clip or two. The island is tiny so don't forget anything. There is absolutely nothing to buy as far as building materials that I saw. They did have a small Mustique Depot which I would imagine has something, but not much I would imagine. If you want to eat at one of the only restaurants on the Island, plan to spend $200.00 for a lunch but Mick Jagger won't serve it to you. :p
Definitely need to get my checklist in order. We will send triple of what we need just to be safe. We are getting container from Italy with all equipment because electricity is 240 so american tools wont work.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
American tools will work. You just need adapters that will handle the current. You need the prongs like they use in the UK. It's like 3 rectangular prongs. But I am not sure you will find one with the power requirements for American tools. I would bring battery tools with a smaller adapter if I could. For stone work you may need to get a 220 tool with that plug configuration I said.
You may want to bring sandwiches also as there are none on the Island that I could find. Only one small gas station and I would imagine gas is very expensive but you won't be using much if any.
Tell your crew not to stare or take pictures of any celebrities or they will throw you off the Island.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...qmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_62sb8936kh_b

Branespikin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
American tools will work. You just need adapters that will handle the current. You need the prongs like they use in the UK. It's like 3 rectangular prongs. But I am not sure you will find one with the power requirements for American tools. I would bring battery tools with a smaller adapter if I could. For stone work you may need to get a 220 tool with that plug configuration I said.
You may want to bring sandwiches also as there are none on the Island that I could find. Only one small gas station and I would imagine gas is very expensive but you won't be using much if any.
Tell your crew not to stare or take pictures of any celebrities or they will throw you off the Island.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...qmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_62sb8936kh_b
Thx Paul. I thiught they had the two round prongs like we do in Croatia. So ill need to get those adapters. I wouldn’t want to use American tools with adapter. I do that back hime in Croatia and always some problems. We use high powered machines so rather buy 220 and just get adapters. Maybe i teach my guys to fish so they could catch their dinner or all my profit will go on their lunch lol

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its English plugs. wierd looking to me.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After that party we spent a little time in our pool overlooking the Caribbean. I looked for turtles, our Grand Kids played with their tablets. (Yeah, I know)
My wife and I went to all the beaches none of which had even one person on them. Some you have to take dirt roads to get to. The "good" roads are just a step up from dirt roads but they want to keep it like that. In a few days the Island has a "Jump Up" party. Quite a few Caribbean Islands have that and we have been to some. We went there (we could actually see it from "our" house because from the mountain, you can see almost everything on the Island) It was on the beach but had a wooden floor, band stage, overhead palm leaves "roof" and a bar. Of course everyone except me and my wife were billionaires but if you didn't know that, you would think and feel they were all "normal" people.

Our Grand Kids found a very friendly dog and played with it for half a day. Then they found out it was Mick's dog and the butler brought it back.

The band played and we danced. Kelly Ripa was dancing next to us and Mick Jagger was there with his family. In the water surrounding us were maybe a dozen very nice Yachts all lit up like it was Christmas. I assume they came from near by St Lucia ans St Vincents for the party and band.
Kelly,s 2 girls went up onstage and were singing with the band and she was dancing around taking videos of them. If I went up there, I am sure they would have shot me.
The drinks here were not free so I called my bank to take out a mortgage on my house to pay for them. Luckily, my Son N Law paid for them.

The next day my Daughter and wife were invited to a private party hosted by Jayed Jagger, Mick's Daughter. They went and had a good time. My wife told me she got up from the table the same time as Mick and he tripped over her cane. So now, I assume her cane is valuable. He apologized and asked if she was alright. He seems like a nice guy and id different from how I envisioned him. Not that I had any conversations with him or anything. He was there with his ballerina wife and baby.

Back